Day Three: Entry Two

I don't even know what's happening anymore. Everything is going downhill so quickly, and I still can't remember much, and-

Oh, a letter from Michael.

The world has become such a quiet place...

I mean, I wouldn't know, since most of my memories are of being locked up in here, but I'll take your word for it. I could only imagine that if some sort of apocalypse is going on out there, then things aren't as loud as they used to be.

So many people are dying... I watch them choke to death from my pastry shop's window.... Doctor Ramsey has started selling some kind of antidote... But I don't trust him.

I don't know if I would write that in a letter to me. It's not that I think you're wrong, because I don't trust Doctor Ramsey either, it's just that it seems that he has something to do with me being held here. And he might screen all this mail I'm getting. If that's true, I don't want him to come after you.

I will not leave my shop. As much as the loneliness pains me, I need to remain here.

It's probably better off that way. Maybe you'll be safe from the virus or whatever it is then.

Hey, it's a letter from Jack!

How are you doing? I have been busy carving the second leg for your table. May you eventually put a table top on it! I am starting to feel a little homesick. Perhaps it is time to end my journey?

-Jack

I'm still amazed he manages to fit table legs in these envelopes. And I hope he's safe out there. I may not really know these people, but they are my only connection with the outside world. And probably the closest things I have to friends at this point.

Speaking of which, here's a letter from my Happy Buddy. Good to know he's still okay. Especially after that last message...

THERE HAVE BEEN INCIDENTS OF PEOPLE GETTING UPSET ABOUT HOW HARD THE GAMES FOR DOCTOR RAMSEY'S PORTABLE ENTERTAINMENT PRODUCT ARE.

Well, I guess I can understand that. They are pretty difficult at times and the controls aren't that great. But I wasn't complaining. I appreciate them giving me something to do, really!

I wasn't complaining! I swear! I would never do that to you!