Five

"Okay, so I want you to put everything you have mentally into getting into Rey's mind, Amara. Rey, I don't really know how to explain this, but try to push her out as much as you can. Let each other know when you want to switch." Uncle Luke said.

We were standing on the grass facing each other next to the pond. Luke had already given us the lecture on mental safety, and how we could destroy someone's identity if we weren't careful. If that wasn't enough to scare me, he also told us about how if out mental barriers weren't good we could be spotted from almost anywhere in the galaxy by another jedi or sith.

Basically I was terrified of hurting Rey and or my self now, thanks to my loving Uncle.

"Okay, are you ready?" I asked, breathing deeply.

"Yeah, as ready as I ever will be." Rey said.

"It's not that bad! I'm sorry for being cautious!" Luke said exasperatedly. "Just go!"

With that I reached out of my mine and felt the organisms around me. I could feel the beating hearts of tiny animals, and the plants drinking in the carbon dioxide. Then I felt the presence of two humans close by, one that was heavily shielded, and another that felt much younger and inexperienced. I pushed slightly against Rey's mind, finding that it was soft, but strong with the force.

"What do I do now? I can feel her trying to get in!" I heard Rey thinking frantically to herself.

Suddenly I felt a massive mental push, so strong that I physically stumbled backwards. "Wow, nice one!" I said appreciably.

"Thanks." She said sheepishly, but with a proud expression on her face.

Luke came over and gave her a hug saying, "I'm proud of you. Great job, that's hard for beginners."

"Are you ready to switch?" Rey said.

I nodded nervously and waited for the pressure of someone else's conscious trying to envelop mine. She closed her eyes, and within a minute I felt her on the outskirts of my mind. All of her force was quickly thrown at me, and she was strong. Very strong for not being trained at all. I then pinpointed her location and imagined throwing iron walls up to block her.

We both snapped our eyes open at the same time, grinning at each other.

"Good job, both of you. I don't think that I will have to do to much more teaching on that subject. Which is a good thing, it gets old quickly. Do you want to do a brief lesson on using the force to move things before we go?

"Yeah, that sounds good, Dad. Thanks." Rey said and I nodded in agreement.

"Reach your mind out, feel the force inside whatever item you are looking to move. Recognize the shape and weight of the object, I would recommend a light one to start." Luke said.

I stared down a pebble that sat in front of me. The force was not very strong with it, unbelievably. I tried to reach out for it mentally, and only accomplished actually reaching my arm out. "Please, please, please, let me lift this rock!" I thought to myself.

Suddenly I felt myself reach a new level of focus, and only then did my padawan mind manage to lift the rock. Well technically it was the force. I looked over to see that Rey had already gotten hers up, and was beginning to play with it. I was glad though, as my pebble dropped, that she was better at this than me. I wouldn't want her to feel like she had missed too much training.

I lifted my rock again, and it was much easier this time. The force is an amazing thing. I felt privileged just to be able to feel it inside of me.