Sixteen

"Who are you?" Luke asked, in the most intimidating voice that he could probably muster.

"I am Ladon, and I am the leader of the force gifted people on Corasaunt. I would be happy to give you a tour of our premises. I'm sure that you would be happy to see some of your own people using their gifts." Ladon opened the doorway further, and I now saw that some lights were on inside of the building. A vast hallway extended for what seemed like a mile, and huge marble pillars supported the ceiling.

I glanced at Rey and Finn, and they were gazing around, their mouths practically hanging open. Poe looked confused, but he had also never had contact with the force in the way that the Jedi had. It was probably a weird experience for him to be on the outside of a culture.

"These are the classrooms, but no one is in session right now. They are all in their various dorm rooms, hopefully sleeping." The man chuckled. He had removed his coat, and turned out to be a green skinned twi'lek. His eyes were yellow, and seemed to look deeper than the average eye.

I sensed that he meant well for us, but would stop at nothing to protect his students.

"Are the archives still here?" I asked.

"They remained mostly intact after the original fall of the Jedi, and have been looted slightly since then, but yes. We still have most of the original information and books, and have added some newer resources as well. I will take you to see them soon."

I nodded, taking in the information. The wisdom of hundreds of Jedi was residing in this place. It was a moment that made me feel small and insignificant compared to the power of the force.

We continued waking, and passed the cafeteria there was a formal room, but it was beginning to show its wear from the many kids that tended to mess things up. The windows were all opaque, and Ladon explained that they didn't want unfriendly eyes discovering what they were up to. We saw all of the meeting rooms, and eventually made it to the archives.

"Welcome to the center of the Jedi's history." Dim lights floated far above, and the rows upon rows of bookshelves glowed in faint shades of blue. Computers sat in the center of the room in a tight circle. I twirled around slowly, taking in the huge hall and everything that it had ever stood for.

"I'm assuming that you would like to stay the night. I have a guest dormitory that you are welcome to stay in, and we can give you a real tour tomorrow when everything is functioning." Ladon spoke to Luke.

"We would very much appreciate that, thank you for your hospitality."

After the terrifying, but overall good day we headed to our beds. Sleep came quickly that night.