Eight

Our instructor liked to talk. That was one way to describe him. Talkative. All it took was one off topics question, and then he was raving about how the formations of the ships in the battle of Yavin were just a little off! Then we were taking about the Mellinium Falcon's top speed that it could potentially hit without blowing up, and then we were talking about the hydrolics in a pod racer. Finally, somebody raised their hand.

"Yes?" Talkin, our instructor said.

"Weren't we going to use the simulators today? I mean I'd rather talk than take a test but I kind of came here to learn to fly some ship." The student responded.

I could not agree more.

"Fine, I guess that we could start with the simulators now. But don't have enough for everyone so only the first half can go now. The others will have to wait here for half an hour. Wait, I take that back, if you are waiting then do your fitness routines." Talkin said.

The four of us decided to just wait and get our workouts over with.

"This is as boring as being a moisture farmer." Finn said with a groan as we ran laps around the building. We had ran three in ten minutes, and still had five more to go.

"How would you know? Why don't you ask my dad about it?" Rey said with a grin as she jumped over a stray wire.

"No thanks! I mean I would love to talk to him but definitely not about that. Being a stromtrooper was bad enough. But if I ever can't sleep, I'll be sure to let him know."

"Wow, I feel bad for all of the moisture farmers that you just offended. I'm sure their hearts would be broken if they ever heard you say that." Rey said as she valiantly attempted to cry.

I chuckled at their antics, and realized how happy I was that I had found them. When I first arrived at the base I felt the most alone that I ever had. Being around so many strangers had a ironic way of making you feel more alone and like you didn't belong. Having Rey reach out to me (or me to her) brought me back into a place where I felt loved. My mom gave me that, but I also needed people my age.

I breathed in the fresh air and enjoyed my friends' chatter for the rest of the run.