Nineteen

We were eating dinner when Uncle Luke strolled into the room. Rey waves him over to the table. She gave him a hug and whispered into his ear. We had discussed our plan, and decided that Rey would meet with her dad alone tonight and tell him the news while we waited in our room. It would look slightly less suspicious if a daughter was talking to her dad, rather than sneaking all five of us into his room.

He strolled away and I glanced at Rey. "We're all set here?" I asked.

"Yeah, we should be good. I'm going to walk back to the room if anyone wants to join me."

We all nodded our heads and cleared our plates before quickly walking back to the dorm. I stared down at the carpet as we walked, and looked up quickly when I saw a new shadow coming down the hallway. I looked up to see Ladon striding quickly toward us. My pulse started to beat faster, even as I tried to control my feelings.

"Everything all right here?" He asked with a tight smile.

Colton looked up with a bright smile. He was a pretty impressive actor. "Yes, we're doing just fine sir. I'm just bringing them back to their room for the evening."

"Good, good. If I don't see you again have a good journey, I heard that you plan on leaving tomorrow."

"Thank you, Master, we have enjoyed the stay. It's an impressive facility that you have here. " I said in return.

He nodded before continuing his walk down the hall. We made it to our room and sat down on the navy blue beds. I fiddled with the fraying edges of the blanket, marveling about how pulling one thread could make the whole thing come apart.

I glanced over at Colton, wondering how he had managed to cope with being kept in such a controlling environment for such a long time. He was sitting on the floor, with his back against the wall and his knees bent so that he could rest his feet flat on the ground. I studied his tan skin and the freckles that were faintly visible across his nose. He looked up and caught me staring, and I turned my gaze back to the blanket, blushing.

Rey had left about fifteen minutes ago, and all of us were waiting rather impatiently. "I'm sorry that you guys had to get dragged into our mess." Colton said with a small smile.

"Hey, dude, don't beat yourself up over it. It will work out eventually, and who knows, maybe it will come out for the better." Finn said optimistically.

We all glanced at the door when the sound of footsteps could be heard pounding in the distance. Rey poked her head into the room, "Alright guys, we don't have any time to waste. Ladon is coming after us, we don't have any time to free any of the other kids. I'm sorry. Just try to keep up."

And with that, the scramble for freedom began.