A shock to the system

The weeks flew by and before i knew it February had approached. I had butterflies in my stomach because soon I was going to be sixteen. I am one of the youngest people in year six at Hogwarts I know but my birthday falls in February. The middle of the school year. I can't help it. Myself, Sylvia and Alicia are all planning to go to Hogsmeade shopping. we got special permission from our parents. We are all going to get a butterbeer in the three broomsticks to start the day off and then head to the shops. I was excited just thinking about it. Sylvia and Alicia had planned a sleepover which I thought was ridiculous seeming as we all sleep in the castle anyway. I didn't argue though. When Sylvia gets an idea into her head there is no stopping her. In my honest opinion it's easier to go along with it no matter how ridiculous it seems. It can be annoying too at the best of times but that's why I love her. She's my best friend.

I stood before my Father and looked into his eyes. "Why have you called me here?" I asked, looking at him questioningly. "You may have forgotten but it is my sixteenth birthday tomorrow" I told him. He smiled at me with his snakelike face. "No Rose, I have not forgotten. In fact I have a gift for you" he replied. I was curious now. I loved gifs especially shiny things. He waved his wand and a little green box came flying into his hand. He haded it to me and smiled. "Open it now" he commanded. "I want to see if it fits" i took the box and gave it a light shake. It rattled slightly. I opened the emerald Green ribbon and tore the pitch black wrapping paper to reveal mt birthday present. i held a black and silver box. Rose was in silver Gothic lettering across the outside. I opened the box. inside lay a small silver and green tiara. I looked puzzled. My Father gave me a tiara for my birthday. What am I a princess or something now. "Is there something else your not telling me" I asked. "Oh no" he replied. "From what I hear they call you the Slytherin Princess" he continued. I smiled broadly feeling amused. "really?" I asked. I couldn't help but smile. I took the tiara out of it's box and eagerly placed it on my head. When I was a little girl I always wanted to be a Princess. I didn't tell anyone though. I was way too embarrassed. The tiara rested on my brown curls and it fit me perfectly. I reached up my hand to feel it. My fingers ran across the intricate silver swirls and then came to rest on the emeralds. I hesitantly walked forward unsure of what I was doing. It was the right thing to do... Right? I placed my hands around his neck and gave my Father a hug. I pulled back and he was beamimg. "I'm glad you like it" he said. I stepped back towards Draco and held his hand. "You are a lovely Princess" he stated. I reached up and pecked him on the lips. "Thank you" I smiled.

"Rose while you're here I have a question to ask you"  I turned my attention back to my Father. "Yes?"    "this is extremely important" he added, looking me in the eyes with a very intense expression. I nodded giving him a hint to continue. He took a deep breath and said. " If I don't win this battle with Potter I want you to be my Successor" I gasped.