What A Nightmare

TORI POV

I hold onto Drew's hand as we walk up the stairs leading to a mid-sized yellow house. Before knocking, Drew looks at me to make sure I'm okay. I give him a reassuring smile and he proceeds. He knocks on the door three times and it feels like days before I see the door knob turn. I am expecting some overly bitchy girl to answer but as the door opens slowly, we are face to face with a guy wearing all black.

The second he sees who we are, he steps aside and lets us walk in. Drew goes in front of me and when I pass by the random guy, I can't help but feel creeped out. This guy is clearly a nut case. Drew makes his way through the house because he's the one who knows his way around. When he's searched everywhere and can't find who we're looking for, he stops and turns to the guy.

"Where's Hailey?"

The guy doesn't answer; he just gives another evil grin. He goes into a nearby room but comes right back out with a laptop. The guy places the laptop on a desk, opens it, types in a few words and then steps to the side. Drew walks up to it and I creep up next to him. As we stare at the laptop, a video pops up. The only person in it is a girl who slightly resembles Megan Fox. By the look on Drew's face, I can tell this is Hailey.

"Drew, Drew, Drew." She begins to say. "I thought you would come pay me a visit. You're with your little slut, aren't you?" Obviously, she's referring to me. I walk up closer to Drew. "I know what you two are doing here and it's not going to work. Wanna know why? Because I've been two steps ahead of you this whole time." She gives a sadistic smile then moves a little to the left. When she moves, she reveals a pink bassinet. From a distance, I can see the faint outline of a little body lying there. But the one thing that sticks out to me is the tiny pink cap with a yellow butterfly that is on the baby. It's the same one I put on my daughter before we left the hospital. In this moment, my stomach drops and I can already feel my eyes beginning to water. I clutch onto Drew's arm.

Hailey steps back into the picture. "I bet you recognize this little one, don't you, Drew?" I look up to him and the expression on his face shows one of pure terror. "Here's the deal. You guys forget about your plan and I'll bring her back to you safe and sound. If you try to continue with the plan or try to bring me down in anyway, I will finish what I started in the first place by taking away the one thing keeping you guys together." And just like that, the video cuts out. No explanation. No sign that my baby is okay. Nothing.

When the confused and helpless feeling kicks in, my body jumps out of bed. My heart is racing and a few drops of sweat are running down my forehead. Once I realize I'm in my room, I take a deep breath to relax. That was just a dream, a really bad dream. But it was one that could easily come true.

The thought of anything happening to my daughter makes me sick to my stomach. I already thought I lost her once and I can't let that happen again. I walk to the kitchen to find Drew cooking bacon while shirtless. I quietly take a seat at the island and watch as he places a few strips onto a paper plate. When he turns around and sees me sitting here, he says, "Good morning, beautiful. You're up early. I was going to let you sleep for a little longer then bring you breakfast in bed."

Wow, breakfast in bed? Even though that's a stupid couple cliché, I actually wouldn't have minded it. Wes never did anything like that for me when we were dating. But I shouldn't be getting ahead of myself and comparing my relationship with Wes to my relationship with Drew because they are completely different. For one, Drew and I aren't even dating. We just have a baby together. Now that I think of it, our situation is really complex. I don't know where we stand but we don't have the time to figure that out right now. We have more important things to deal with today. Our relationship status can wait.

My thoughts distract me from responding to Drew so he asks, "Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah." I say as he passes me a cup of coffee. "I just had a bad dream."