~3~

Lilly's POV

I looked up from my book at the sound of someone knocking on my door. I raised and opened the door. Enzo stood on my doorstep. A bruise had formed on his eye and his lip was busted open. Blood dribbled down his chin and I gasped. He looked horrible. I grabbed his arms and slammed the door behind him.

"What happened?" I demanded as I pulled him towards the bathroom.

"I got in a fight with Cass," He muttered.

"Really?" I paused.

"Yeah. He said some stuff about Rosanna that I didn't like."

I remained silent and leaned him against the door. "Stay here. I'll be right back. I got some new cotton balls I want to use. You know, try them out and stuff."

He nodded. I left the room, pulling the door closed behind me. The new cotton balls were in my room so I walked in and moved towards my bedside table. I pulled out my phone while I did and pressed Cass's number. Three rings in and he picked up.

"Hey," he sighed.

"So," I started and pulled the cotton balls out. I would only need three or four of them. "What happened?"

"I am so sorry," he said. "I said something about it even though you asked me not too. I-I didn't mean t-"

"Thank you," I interrupted.

"W-Wait what?"

"I didn't want to tell him because I knew he'd get mad but I'm glad you had the guts to do what I couldn't."

"O-oh. Okay."

"I have to go," I stated. "Get to a trainer or something. I know he didn't go down without a fight and you did quite the number on him."

"Already did. Bye Lilly."

"Bye Big Cassmaster." I heard him chuckle as I hung up and gathered the cotton balls up. I stood and turned. The balls dropped and I let out a little yelp. Enzo had appeared behind me. "Enzo! You startled me."

"So. You don't trust me. You had to call Cass to get the story right and then you thank him for what he said!" He yelled at me and I had backed up subconsciously to the wall. He had followed me every step of the way.

"He wasn't lying Eric," I muttered. His hand slammed beside my head and I winced.

"I didn't realize I was friends with a lying bitch," he hissed. Tears started welling up in my eyes and his whole face shifted. It went from anger to worry. "Lilly..."

"Out."

"What?"

"OUT! I WANT YOU OUT! NOW!"

"B-But Li-"

"Don't you dare say my name. You are just like Trevor! Go away!"

"B-But!"

"NOW!"

He slowly turned and walked out. I slide down the wall and listened as he slammed the door. I winced at the noise. My best friend wouldn't believe me. Why? What had I done wrong?

I was cornered between a wall and a hard place. Trevor had gotten mad at me again and now I stood at the corner of the room, his body blocking any exit. He was screaming at me for talking to one of my regulars. The door across the room slammed open and an enraged face stared at Trevor. My best friend had come to save me. Trevor didn't notice though, so focused on his rage and me. He raised a hand and it moved to hit me. I closed my eyes and waited for the impact. It never came though. I opened my eyes to find Enzo standing over Trevor. Trevor shoved him off, sent a curse at me, and took off. Enzo turned to me and wrapped an arm around my body, pulling me close to him. "I'm sorry."

I jerked awake. At some point I had fallen asleep against the wall. The dream and the day before's events came back to me. I sighed and look at the clock. I didn't have to be at the bar until 6. It was currently 8 in the morning. I sighed and crawled in the bed. This was going to suck.