~17~

Enzo Amore POV

I looked around my room. An empty whisky bottle sat next to my bed and my eyes hurt. I hadn't slept in days and it was starting to take a toll on me. I fell back on the bed. The words replayed in my head over and over and over.

"Her name was going to be Gwen. Enzo once told me if he wasn't a guy his name would have been Gwen. Trent happened. I told him I was pregnant. He let me be a mother for nearly 8 months before he beat me. He mostly aimed from my stomach and the child died. My Gwen died."

Her name was going to be Gwen. That phrase in particular hit me hard. She wanted to name her first child after me. Me! All I have done these few weeks was hurt her. I heard someone knock on my door but I didn't move. I didn't want to see anyone. The knocking came louder, more insistent. I groaned and stood up. I stumbled towards the door, my head still filled with toxic thoughts. The knocking got louder the closer I got to the door. I pressed my bac against it.

"Go away," I shouted.

"Enzo," Carmella yelled back. "Open the door. We're worried about you."

"We?" I asked.

"Cass and I," she answered.

"Go away."

A fist slammed against the door and I knew it was Cass. "Open the door." He demanded. "I will break this fucking thing."

I groaned and reached up, unlocking it. I walked towards my room. They walked in behind me, following me to the darkened room. I had the shades down and the lights out. The only light was that which snuck in through the sides of the shades. I plopped face first into the bed. Carmella sat beside me and rubbed a hand along my shoulders and upper back.

"Enzo, we're worried about you," Carmella whispered.

"Why?" I groaned. "I kinda deserve everything that's happening."

"You aren't the kind of person to become depressed over stuff like this," Cass commented. "After all you are a certified G."

"But it's Lilly," I mumbled. "You guys probably haven't even hear what happened yet."

"What happened?" Carmella asked. "We can't help you if you don't talk to us."

"Lilly lost a child," I said. It wasn't mine to tell but I recognized I needed to talk to someone. "She was going to name it after me."

"She was going to have a kid named Eric," Carmella asked.

"Not exactly. My mother was going to name me Gwen if I was a girl. Lilly was having a girl and wanted to name her Gwen. I can't stop thinking that she was gonna name her kid after me and I've done nothing this week but hurt her. Last week either."

"I think," Carmella started before pausing. "I think she will still forgive you. I saw it while talking to her. She really does like you. When she talked about you saving her from...Trent her eyes filled with so much emotion. She really wants you in her life."

"I agree," Cass said. "I was talking to Roman the other day. He told me about her appointment at the Abuse Hotline. Apparently she got no sleep the night before because she kept looking at the pictures and arranging and rearranging them so they were effective. She apparently had ranted to him for about twenty minutes. She did everything she could to save your reputation. Maybe instead of feeling bad for yourself you could arrange a meeting and make up. Apologize."

"Would she want to?" I wondered aloud.

"You don't know unless you try," Carmella said in a soothing voice.