~24~

Lilly POV

I watched the monitor, seeing that Enzo wasn't himself. I glanced over as someone moved next to me. Baron Corbin glanced at the screen. It was Enzo and Cass against Finn and Samoa Joe and it wasn't going their way.

"What's wrong with Enzo?" I asked.

"Rosanna left him," Corbin informed. "She packed her shit and took off suddenly, leaving him a voicemail to say she didn't want to fuck with you or your love for him."

I nodded and thanked him for the information. The match continued. I winced when he took a particularly hard hit. He was the one who was pinned. I knew he wouldn't like that. Coupled with Rosabitch leaving I knew he would need something special. I moved to catering, passing him as he walked into an empty room. He didn't even notice it was me. I prepared the drink just how he liked it before moving back towards the room.

I placed the coffee in front of him before sitting across from him. I ran my hands down my black jeans. My outfit was simple. Black pants, black pumps, a white tank top, and a black light sweater. His head was down and his hands were on either side of his face. He looked up at me as he stirred the coffee.

"Is this an attempt to get me to get with you?" He mumbled.

"No," I smiled. "This is me being a friend."

"Why?"

"I've taken bullets for you. Hell I've taken bullets from you. I would again too."

"I know," he shouted suddenly. His voice lowered before he spoke again. "I know. God damn. That makes me feel like such a failure as a friend. I don't know how you keep forgiving me."

"Easy," I scoffed. "It's because I love you."

He froze, his eye widening. Slowly he rose his head to look at me. I looked back at him, hoping he would see the honesty in my eyes. The chair clattered as it feel over and I rose as he moved towards me. I thought it was going to be another fight but then his hands were on my face. They were so gentle and were followed by a kiss. He held me to him by my cheeks. I placed my hands on his chest and kissed back. I bunched his shirt in my hands when he tried to pull back and followed him back. I wanted the kiss to last as long as it could. His hands moved from my cheeks to my back, down to my waist. He yanked me against him and my hands traveled up to his neck. Eventually he pulled back though.

"Lilly," he sighed. "Stay with me tonight. I don't want anything but to spend the night in your arms. Please."

I nodded and smiled. "Okay."

"We'll talk about the rest tomorrow." He smiled. I wrapped my arms around him and leaned up towards his ear. He tensed in anticipation.

"Your coffee is going to get cold," I whispered. He laughed and rolled his eyes.

"Screw the coffee," he mumbled. "Thank you but I have all the warmth I need in your arms."

I laughed and made a joke about him being corny. He smiled at me before pulling me to his rental car. The car ride was silent but his hand on my thigh felt good. Especially when I turned his hand over and weaved our fingers together. When we had finally parked in front of the hotel he yanked me partway over the center console and pressed a kiss to my lips. I smiled and followed him into the hotel. When we go there I plopped down on his bed. He laid down next to me and pulled me against his chest. It reminded me of the last time we snuggled and the events that happened after but I pushed that aside. I felt myself starting to fall asleep.

"I love you too Lilly." was the last thing I heard before I slipped into sleep.