The Kidnappers - Despair (Chapter 8)

CHAPTER 8

- Sapien's POV

Dese! Oh Dese! Don't die, please be alive. His sword is sticking out of her chest. Come on please be alive. There is so much blood coating her, you can't even recognize her; just a body lying on the ground. Dese! My legs are frozen to the floor, I can't seem to move as I look at Dese's mangled body. He destroyed it, she's dying. She's dying...she's dying come on Sap, what the hell are you doing? Move!

I force my legs to move to Dese, every step is painful as my muscles are so tight, refusing to budge from the trauma I just witnessed. I kneel beside her body. My body is frozen but my thoughts and feelings are colliding inside me.

The clip of her being stabbed replays in my mind. The kiss...he rises up ready to strike...She meets him in the middle...her hand jabs him in the side...he stumbles of her...then his sword sticks out of her. That bloody sword.

Everything seemed to slow down but I was paralyzed into place to prevent any of it. Helpless to stop this. I could have stopped this. I should have pushed him off her before he stabbed her. Guilt and regrets flood my mind as I hold her hand, it's slippery with dark red liquid. The liquid that sustains a person to live, which is rushing out of her. The life is literally bleeding out of Destiny.

Zeki hastily stumbles up behind me putting something his pocket, his biker boots crunching on the gravel.

"Sap! Sapi come on man snap out of it. Help her." he pleads, with a shaking voice but with command and urgency in it.

My words are jammed at the back of my throat with a massive lump.

"Do something! You can save her. She's dying..." he shouts loader trying to get through my panicked haze.

The thought of her death makes me break out of my shock. I can do this. I'm not called wise for nothing.

I retch the sword our of her chest. Blood pours out of her, everywhere, pooling beside her. But I don't think the sword has gone through her heart. I don't have any bandages with me, the plan was not to get hurt. How did we end up like this? We were supposed to get a kid and go to the house. That was it. Oh how wrong things have gone. 

The blood just pours from her, what am i going to do? If more keeps coming out she is getting closer to meet her death. There are too many wounds to bandage up with fabric and some look especially deep. What am I to do? Sadness and desperation wash over me. I can't let her die? She can't die, I need her, we need her.

A sudden thought crosses my mind, making me hesitate. It could be dangerous  but there's nothing else I can think of. I'm losing her rapidly before my eyes. We're just going to have to take the risk. It's the only way. 

"OK Zeki this what we're going to do. We're going to use our powers. We channel them through her to increase her metabolic rate. This means it will speed her chemical reactions in her cells, which will increase her healing rate." I explain to Zeki, the words slipping out of my mouth in my new-gained hope.

"Will it work?" Zeki asks.

"I don't know but we have to try, we can't leave her. Right touch her arm and channel your power into her. Think about her future use your power and it will go into her."

"Dude don't you think it's safer just to take her to the hospital and the professionals will sort her out?"

"Look we don't have time she has lost so much blood, like you said she is d..dying." I gulp forcing my words out, around the nervousness and dread that is quickly consuming me, as we are running out of time.

"Right, I trust you. Let's do it."

You can't die Dese...stay with me come on you can do it. Seconds go by. Nothing is happening. Why are there no changes? I push my power further, focusing on my power. Please work. I need you to work.Come on! It can't be too late...no no no. I open my eyes and Dese is growing paler. 

"Sap, I...I think it's too la-" No he can't finish that sentence. We're a team, we have to finish this impossible task. Dese is going to live. We have to save her. 

"No shut up, don't say that." I cut him of desperation and despair welling up inside me.

Still clasping her hand I measure her pulse it is getting fainter and fainter. I can feel my power seeping out of me, I am beginning to see stars and my vision is blurring. We can't do this much longer. But I can't allow myself to stop until she recovers. I don't care if its draining me. Come on Dese you can do it, you stubborn girl. My eyes are brimming up.

Then her pulse jerks, changing speed, faster.

My breathe catches. It's getting stronger and faster. It's working. She has made it. Yes.

A tear falls of relief , I quickly wipe it away with shaky hands. 

Everything is happening rapidly now, all her wounds close up, the gap in her chest, the hole in her leg and other cuts. The colour returns to her face.

She's covered in dried blood, her clothes are crusted in blood. But who cares, she's alive. I don't care what she looks like.

 Zeki's strained face relaxes into a grin as he gazes at Dese. We have done it! We give each other looks brimmed with relief and joy.

I sit back on my heels watching her sleep. Dese is going to be so stiff tomorrow morning.

"Err..dude how are we gonna get to the house and what we gonna do with that thing?" he nods towards Jude's body.

Oh so he died then. I had forgotten about him. This is all his fault. Irritability charges through me.  

"Bury him. Did you kill him?" I gulp, swallowing the words I really wanted to say instead.

I want to leave him there so he can be ravaged by other beasts, that he is. But I know he still needs some respect as Dese cared for him once. So we should honour that and bury him for her despite the fact he tried to kill her tonight.

""Yeah she told me to. Do I have to do it?" Zeki groans, with displeasure.

"Well someone will find him and people will start asking questions, exposing her, getting us even more trouble with the Domi Society. Here I'll go bury him, since I'm probably quicker than you. Look after her." I stumble up. Ignoring the grogginess from the loss of my power.

I drag Jude into some trees and find a spot that looks hidden among some bushes. I start digging with my hands. My head spins with tiredness but I carry on, my hands a near blur. When the hole is bigger enough I throw Jude into it and cover it, marking the spot with a couple of nearby rocks.

I walk back, my legs numb but I ignore it and focus on the task on hand, to take Dese home. The fastest way is the Power-lamp, I hate to admit it but we have to go by it.

"We have to carry her between us, by Power-lamp. Our lamp is 15 and we're at 23."

"Sure. You alright Sap, you look pale?" Zeki asks concern in his voice, as he chocolate eyes flick up at me.

"Yeah just tired, I need some water and some sugar and I'll be up to scratch."

"I'll carry her, I'm fine." Zeki insists as I reach Dese. He picks her up, in her arms so he's cradling her limbs hanging heavily at her sides. Hopefully she will gain consciousness soon.

Shrugging my shoulders I walk towards the black Power-Lamp, emitting power. Here goes. I grab Zeki's elbow encase he gets lost as I touch the lamp.

I want to go home make dinner and have a shower and if anything hinders that, I will not hesitate to tear them to shreds. Yes, I am in a rotten mood.

******

Song to go with this chapter:

Lose my mind by The Wanted