Chapter 29- Truth

"Another two down!" I yelled into the microphone on my chest, communicating to Gideon, Mitchell, Ilona, and Knox that they could press after Irons.

"Moving forwards," Gideon replied shortly.

With my infrared scope, I tracked the group with ease. They ran up to two separate doors, splitting into twos. Within seconds, they breached the doors, clearing the room of Atlas soldiers.

"He's not in here, shit!" Mitchell grumbled.

"Look at this screen," I could hear Knox in someone's microphone. "It's showing one of our choppers."

"Are they targeting it?" Gideon demanded.

"Oh shit!" Mitchell suddenly said. "Brace yourself Keona!"

Widening my eyes and looking to one of the buildings beside us, I noticed a rocket heading towards the chopper. I fell back and gripped onto one of the secure seats.

"Hold on!" the pilot yelled back. "Shit," there were sounds of struggling and then the pilot added, "we're going down!"

"Keona!" there was a loud yell in my ear before everything blacked out.

~~~

My blurry vision appeared when I groaned and pushed myself up. It had to be at least a half an hour that I'd been out. The pilot had died in that time, blood dripping from the seat and running back to where I was splayed out on my stomach. I noticed my hands and clothes were starting to become bloody.

"Mitchell?" I murmured into the microphone. "Gideon?"

A loud screech came through the microphone and I let out a startled grumble, tearing the earpiece off along with the rest of the communication attached to it. I shook my head and picked up the sniper rifle and Bal-27 that had been thrown to the side, but surprisingly not out.

"Ow," I grumbled, feeling my exposed arm to examine the large, bleeding scratch that the crash had caused. "Dammit. Why am I always getting hurt?"

"Keona!" a loud shout came from....below me.

With a small limp, I walked to the edge of the opened door. Gideon, Knox, Ilona and Mitchell were standing on the ground below me, their gazes wide. It had to be twelve stories until the ground.

"Don't move!" Gideon yelled.

"I have to get out of here," I felt the helicopter shift a very slight amount, "or I'm going to fall!"

"There should be a rappelling kit in the back!" Ilona yelled up.

Gideon faced her, as if pissed she'd suggested me to rappel down. It was the only way for me to get away safely. I listened to her words and limped to the back, opening up a container against the wall. It held a harness and rope with the device, I ignored the harness.

"Connect the device to your wrist!" Knox yelled up, reminding me of the new tool he'd created before this. "It will get you down faster."

"Hurry, Keona!" Mitchell sounded worried. "It's not going to hold for long!"

I breathed out shakily and quickly attached the rope to the wrist mechanism Knox had suggested using. My blood from my opened up arm dripped onto it and I tried to ignore that burning. With quick hands, I made the hook on the end of the rope cling onto a steel piece of the building barely holding me up.

"Here goes," I whispered, climbing off the edge of the chopper and quickly opening the piece of the armband to make me go down.

A loud creaking sound happened above me and I looked up to the chopper shifting down more. My heart started pounding. There had to be at least eight more stories until the others and my wounded arm was the one holding all of my weight.