Chapter 30- The Only Honor

"Will?" I whispered, the blood from my cheeks draining. "How are you alive?"

"My father," Will stood holding a pistol, as if for defense. "He used the advanced technology to save me from my burns."

"It's not Will," I whispered, backing until I was standing next to Mitchell, who happened to have a gaped mouth too.

"You don't believe me?" Will asked. "If I wasn't Will, then how would I know that your favorite flowers are roses. Not just the regular red ones, but the whites ones with the pink-red tips. You love them so much because every time you get them, your face turns pale," Will was making tears fall from my eyes. "Only your cheeks turn that pink-red color."

I shook my head, tears making my breath shaky. "Anyone who gets roses blushes."

"Not like you do," Will whispered, his eyes tearing. "Please believe me, Keona. I love you."

Gideon tensed next to me, his eyes dropping down and to the side to look at me. His features held more hurt than I'd ever seen. I wanted to grab his hand and squeeze it.

"Will," Irons had made his way next to his son. "She doesn't believe you."

"Why?" Will asked, gazing at me.

"He's controlling him," Mitchell spoke under his breath. "It's not Will, it's a distraction. Keona, don't listen to him."

I looked back to where Will stood next to Irons. My heart dropped in my chest at first. This was my fiance I was looking at; the man I'd promised to marry once he returned. But when he face glitched in and out, my eyes narrowed.

"Good try, Irons," I raised the pistol in my hand, my voice shaking. "But I don't need Will."

With a squeeze of the trigger, I watched as Will fell to the ground. His face and clothes changed to a Federation soldier, now bleeding on the ground.

"Kill them!" Irons ordered.

Within seconds, the room became a battle-zone. I was ducking, lunging, and jumping to fight my way to Irons. He had taken off for a helicopter pad.

My arm bled heavily and now the side of my face was too. I looked over to Mitchell and then to Gideon. They seemed defeated too, but weren't giving up.

"We need to get to him!" Mitchell snapped.

"Keona go!" Gideon shot and dropped a man coming to attack me from the side. "We'll protect you!"

"Promise?" I whispered, looking into Gideon's blue eyes.

His gaze swept over mine. Mitchell continued shooting, not watching us. I searched in Gideon's eyes, but only felt his hand grab mine and squeeze it.

"I promise," Gideon whispered.

With a short, firm nod, I took off through the room. Mitchell and Gideon shot very close to me, shooting any soldier that tried to harm or stop me. I slid underneath a half-way shut door as I reached the edge of the room.

"Fire!" Irons yelled. I watched as a soldier struggled to steady the rocket launcher.

Thinking quicker than him, I grappled up onto a beam through glass. The glass fell as I pulled myself up onto the beam. The helicopter pad was just in front and below me now.

Pulling out my pistol, I shot both of the Atlas soldiers next to Irons. His gaze widened as I went to jump on top of him. I landed, breaking the concrete, and missed him by inches as he started running for where the helicopter was trying to land.