Chapter 7

Daniella's POV 

It was the second senior boys basketball game of the season and they were kicking ass. I'm talking the score was 21-5 and obviously ten of those points were JJ and seven were Taylors. The other team had the ball and it was a few minutes before half time and the cheerleaders would go out and do the cheer that Skylar and I had come up with. If I had to say so myself, the cheer was going to make the crowd get crazy. Number 6 on the other team passed to his teammate and the one with the ball started making his way down the court.

"Daniella we have a problem" Skylar said snapping my attention from the game to her. She was wearing her yellow and black cheerleading outfit with yellow strips on each side of her cheek. Her hair was up in a high ponytail and she looked distressed instead of her usual bubbly attidude.

"What's wrong?"

"No one can find Marriah and were about to go on for half time"

"Just do it without her"

"We can't, we practised with six and we can't do our old routine because scouts are here" she pointed out the woman with the cheerleader smile and body and I nodded. They were in deep trouble. 

"How can I help?"

"We have no time to find Marriah, can you fill in for her?"

"Skylar! You know I have stage fright"

"Which is why it'll work out. We won't be on a stage" I shot her a glare and she gave me her puppy dog beg. "Please Dani, I'm begging you". I looked around at the people in the stands and there had to be over two hundred people here. I looked back down at Skylar who looked like she was about to cry.

"It's the one we came up with right?" I asked nervously and she nodded. "Alright I'll do it but if I freeze up, it's not my fault" she squealed causing everyone near us to stare and I looked down uncomfortable with all the looks I was getting. 

"Come on we have to get you into uniform" she grabbed my hand and I took a quick look at the clock. i would be dancing in front of everyone in five minutes making a fool of myself. Skylar pulled me through the crowd and into the cheerleader changing room where I changed into the cheerleading top and skirt. The top stopped right before my hips and the cheerleading skirt started there and ended a lot lower than I would've hopped. Across my chest read 'Griffins' which was our school team mascot and before I could object Skylar had the yellow paint on my cheeks and my hair into a ponytail. 

"Alright we have two minutes so let's go over the cheer" I gulped nervously and nodded hoping i looked confident. "You'll do fine just remember to smile". 

"Okay"

"Alright, now five six seven eight!"

***

It was officially half time and we stood in front of everyone. I could feel everyone's stare at us making more and more nervous by the second. I'll be fine. The beat for 'Bet you can't do it like me' blared through the gym as we got ready to dance. As Dlow started singing we did the dance in unison causing the audience to cheer. 

Bet you can't do it like me

Nope bet you can't do it like me

The other cheerleaders grabbed their partners and I grabbed Skylar before the music cut off. 

"Whose the best team!" Skylar and I yelled

"Griffins, Griffins"

"We can't hear you!" 

"Griffins!" The crowd yelled back even louder and i found myself loosing up. 

"Tia and Jaye can you show us why were the best!" The did their signature move which was three back flips and a land into the splits and the crowd got crazy.