Chapter 8- Back To The End

Jesse's POV

Last night was something I will never forget, mainly because who could ever forget being so tiered?

Petra is staring up at the ceiling of her room as I sleep on the extra bed she placed nearby.

She seems to be deep in thought, which is an odd look on her.

Her eyes look far off, almost like they are looking at another universe.

"Petra? You okay?" I ask, seeing her jump slightly and look over at me.

"Of course I'm fine." She states, getting up.

The sun hasn't risen yet, but we wanted to go find this guy before the others woke up to see us leaving.

"Come on then, let's go." She says, walking out if the room.

Before leaving we grab some supplies, mainly food and arrows for our bows.

She pulls on silver armor, but she leaves the helmate off, leaving her bandana on her russet hair.

We jump down onto the grass, hoping no one heard us.

We start to walk, silently, towards the portal.

"So who is this guy anyway?" I aks, making her chuckle.

"I think you'll find him a little odd. His name is Soren and he has spent a lot of time with Endermen according to Jess." She explains, making me nod.

The town is silent as a cave as we reach the horses.

She jumps onto a light brown one, holding her hand out to me.

"You coming?" She asks, raising one eyebrow.

I take hold of her hand and she swings me onto the back of the horse, taking off out the main entrance.

I hold tightly around her waist, not wanting to fall.

"Don't worry Jesse. I won't let you fall." She promises, making me feel a little odd.

The sun slowly starts to rise, making me watch all the colors fight for the sky.

She slows down the horse, stopping in front of a large stone building.

"Its just inside. Let me tie up the horse and we'll go inside." She says, taking out a lead and tieing the horse to the fence outside.

We walk in, with Petra holding out her sword.

"Silverfish might have spawned in here, considering the guy who made this portal wanted to keep everyone away from him." She warns, making me pull out the sword she gave me.

The portal is literally right in the middle of the room, and she steps up first, waiting for me to join her.

My eyes stare into the starry like portal, feeling like I could stare into it forever.

"Jump on three." She says, looking a bit nervous.

It obvious that neither of us has been to the end before, so we link hands, staring down.

"One." I start.

"Two." She continues.

"Three!" We both shout, jumping into the starry portal.

Seconds later we tumble onto the end stone, Petra landing on top of me.

We stare at each other for a minuet in a very awkward way before she gets up and we look around.

The place is completely silent except for a few growls of endermen, but that's about it.

Petra stares up at a huge set of stairs, her mouth hanging open.

"So those are the stairs they climbed." She whispers.

The end looks like the stories, but one thing is off.

Any hole in the ground is filled with water, making me confused.

We ignore it though as we walk through the silence, trying not to get noticed by endermen.

With our eyes down we make our way to the staircase, starting to slowly climb up the huge staircase.

"Ugh. Why dose this Soren guy like stairs so much?" I groan, making Petra chuckle.

"He likes endermen even more. He even sings about them." She says, amusement in her eyes.

I laugh lightly, unable to keep out the feel of impending doom as I look down at the huge drop.

The stairs seem to go on forever until at one point they just stop.

"But, his fortress is supposed to be right here." Petra protests, staring at the void below us.

"Yes. It was right here. Now what are you doing here?" A voice asks from behind us.

We spin around to see a guy with light orange hair, which is just a couple shades lighter than Petra's.

"Soren." Petra hisses, like something is between them.

He takes one look at me and walks up, taking the bandage off my shoulder.

The glowing eyes making him frown.

"Come with me, I can help." He says, walking back down the stairs.

Petra groans, and I understand why.

We walked all the way up here just to walk all the way down.

.....

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I will try to update soon. See ya soon!

-ThePurpleWarrior