Chapter 14- No Where to Hide

Petra's POV

My heart races slightly as I realize what just happened.

"You saved me." I say breathlessly, looking into her emerald eyes.

She simply nods to me, getting me off the ground.

She grabs my hand, pulling me towards the rest of the group that is already running for the exit.

We all run, my mind whirling as I stay in step with Jesse.

"Why is it chacing us?!" Olivia asks, sounding desperate for answers.

Jesse simply keeps her gaze away from everyone, leading us towards the river.

We skid to a halt.

"We aren't fast enough to get away on foot." She declares, taking out four boats.

We all nod.

Axle steps into one boat, followed by Jesse in the next, and Olivia in the next.

Jesse sits in the front boat, moving up to give me room to sit.

I climb into the boat, holding onto her for dear life as we push off the shore and into the raging water.

The force hits the boats hard, making us fly down the river faster than the enderdragon can fly.

Jesse seems to tense up as we go down the river closing her eyes.

"Are you okay?" I ask over the waves.

She nods, but I know she's lieing.

She slightly shakes as we go further and further down the river, making me worry more and more.

Olivia, who's boat is now directly behind ours shares a look with me when I turn around.

She has the same thought.

She is remembering the first, and the last time she almost died in this river.

Its almost like she didn't think this through, for her anyway.

I smile lightly to myself, thinking about how she is still putting other people before herself, even in times like this.

I hug her slightly, making her shaking go down a little.

We continue to go down the stream until the growls of the dragon are gone, and we relax a little.

"Uh... I hate to be the one to bring this up, but how do we stop?" Jess calls from the farthest boat away from ours.

Crap.

Jesse looks back, her eyes filled with knowledge.

"There should be a dam up ahead." She answers, making us all look at each other.

"About that dam. Its kinda gone." Axle says, making Jesse turn to look at us in shock.

She looks forward, seeing the water that slowly moves downward through the path we made for it.

"Hold on!" She shouts, her shaking back to being intense.

We start yo speed towards the drop even faster than we were going before, making Olivia scream slightly as we go downwards.

Axle holds tightly onto his boat, smiling brightly at the ride.

Even I have to admit, this is pretty fun, and Jesse smiles a bit too, but her fear is still apparent.

We splash down into the lake, the boats slowing down to the point where we can control them again.

Jesse sighs in relief as she grape hold of the oars and maneuvers us towards the shore.

"Shouldn't we be going the other way?" Olivia says, pointing out the obvious.

Jesse shakes her head.

"No, you guys need to go through the neather portal where the dragon can't reach you." She mutters, making me take the oars and throw them towards Jess.

She whips around, making the boat rock back and forth.

"Why the hell did you do that!?" She shouts as Jess picks them out of the water.

I find myself slapping her across the face, making everyone gasp in shock.

"Get ahold of yourself. Since when did we decide on hiding while you get yourself killed!?" I shout at her as she holds her cheek.

"Why the heck are you so strong?" She mutters, rubbing the slightly red area.

Again I stare her down.

"I'm not going to let you go and battle that thing alone." I whisper, hugging her tightly.

She just sits there, stiff as a board.

The funny thing is I can actually hear how shocked the others are at my odd action.

Mainly because I'm not a huge hugger.

We pull apart, and I can tell that a lot is on her mind.

"Hand me the oars." I call to Jess, who still has his mouth hanging open.

He throws them to me and I begin to propell our boat towards the other side of the lake.

"If we are going to fight that thing we are going to need some information on it." I mutter, letting the rest of them follow me as Jesse stares off in silence.

I just hope she's okay.

.....

Hey guys. So I hope you liked that chapter, and I will try to update soon. So yeah, not much to say here but Bye!

-ThePurpleWarrior