Chapter 19- Fear

Axle's POV

We land in the end and wait patiently for Jesse to come through.

Slowly as it doesn't happen, Petra gets this look, that makes me wish I could tell her the truth, to tell everyone, but I can't.

I'm still not sure who it is.

Petra is my main suspect, but everyone else is close to her too.

Ah!

I wish Ivor never told me!

"She should have been through the portal by now!" Petra mutters after a while, sounding concerned in a Petra way.

Jess walks over.

"I agree. Something's wrong." He says, looking up where we came through.

Still nothing.

Olivia goes to comfort Petra.

"I'm sure she's fine. Maybe the portal just put her somewhere else." She tries to reason.

I walk over noddingx not exactly sure what to say.

Suddenly the portal opens up above our heads, making us all look hopeful.

That is until the ender dragon flies through.

"Where's Jesse?" I ask, wording what we are all thinking.

Suddenly we see something that isn't an enderman laying on the ground.

We run forward, seeing Jesse trying to get up.

"What the hell Jesse!" Petra shouts, rushing to help her.

"I told her it wasn't a good idea!" Louie shouts in his odd sword voice.

Once Jesse gets up she simply glares lightly at the sword.

"Sure." She mutters, getting up on her own two feet.

"I had to get that thing in here, and it wasn't going to come by itself. So I tackled its head and now its here." She explains.

Jess looks impressed while Petra is just plain pissed at her.

"You scared m- us." She tumbles over her words, making us all stare at her.

It almost sounded like she was about to say me.

Lukas just continuously smirks at her until she elbows him in the side.

"Okay! Let's go." Jesse interrupts, running forward on the end stone.

We all run after her, our weapons ready to strike.

The dragon screaches at the sight of us, flying around, taunting us.

"Jesse? Do we have a plan?" Olivia asks, making her look back at us.

"You guys destroy the crystals, I've got the dragon." She orders, making us all nod.

At this point, we all know what's to come of Jesse, no matter what she dies.

But its obvious we all are still trying to deny it.

Olivia and I run to start to build a TNT launcher as quickly as we can to take out the higher up crystals.

Jess and Petra are climbing the lower pillars, getting into position.

Lukas aims at the first crystal, waiting for the signal.

I just hope this works.

Jesse's POV

I climb the tallest pillar, slowly making my way to the top.

The dragon swoops at me, trying to knock me off the side.

I stick close to the wall, just bearley getting missed by the flying danger weapon.

Louie floats up beside me, letting me take the handle.

My grip tightens as I strike it, making it blow up in the dragon's face.

It scratches in pain, flying away.

The signal has been sounded.

Lukas has shot a crystal and is aiming for another one while Jess and Petra destroy theirs and climb down, running to get to another platform.

I however stay in plain sight, staring down the dragon as it flies back towards me.

Axle shoots multiple super TNT's up at the dragon, all of them exploding on contact.

It screaches again, flying around trying to find another crystal.

Too bad they are all gone.

Its eyes meet mine and it charges for me.

"Jesse! Move out of the way!" Petra screams, making my feet root to the ground.

It gets closer by the second, making my mind count down.

5.

4.

3.

2.

1.

I jump, twisting around in the air and landing on its neck, hanging onto its horns to control it.

"Whoa!" I shout, almost dropping my sword.

Louie seems excited.

"Wow! I could never fly this fast!" It exclaims as I take hold of the sword in one hand.

I hold it up, ready to deliver the blow that will end it all, but fear strikes y heart.

Is this really worth during for?

I mean, anyone can deliver this final blow, why does it have to be me?

I look sadly down at the dragon, wishing I could go back in time and decide to go anywhere but the Great River.

But thinking back, if I hadn't died, Jess never would have moved away, met his friends, defeated the wither storm.

I wouldn't have met them either, and everything would have been different.

"I'll miss you." I whisper, looking at all my friends, my gaze resting on Petra.

Time seems to be going on slow motion as our eyes meet and her face drops, realizing what I'm about to do.

Tears come to my eyes.

Finally I look back to the dragon and time speeds back up.

The sword flies down through the air, smashing down into the head of the dragon.

The roar it makes makes me feel like my head will explode, rendering me paralized as it floats into the air, starting to slowly explode in a flash of purple.

Once it explodes, I can feel the experience orbs floating around me.

Slowly, the feeling in my body starts to leave me, making my eyes slowly close.

At this point my mind is shutting down, and I can't tell if I'm going to land on Endstone or just fall down endlessly into the void.

The one thing going through my mind is that finally, the others are safe.

.....

Hey guys. So this is going to be the second last chapter. This means that this story is almost over. Now I will probably update soon, so see ya later!

-ThePurpleWarrior