Chapter 11- Find A Way

Petra's POV

Axle holds me back from going out the door.

"Let me go! She could get killed out there all alone!" I shout, trying to elbow him in the stomach.

Jess holds my shoulder, looking directly into my eyes.

"You could get killed if you stay with her." He counters, making my heart swell.

My mind seems to switch off, and my anger drives me.

"You know nothing! She's our friend! Your sister! How could you let her leave!?" I shout at him, making Olivia and Axle jump slightly.

Jess narrows his eyes.

"Petra, I won't let you get hurt." He mutters, nodding to Axle.

He carries me to my room, blocking on block of the door with a block of diamond.

They know all my stuff is in the main room too, so I'm trapped.

I slam my fist against the wall, feeling like I could have done more to stop this.

She is out there, her heart broken, weak, and she could get hurt.

Jess and the others are fools if they think she's evil.

Something inside me feels like it needs to be with her, and the rest of me wants to listen, but I'm trapped.

I sit on my bed.

"You can come out when you've come to your senses." Jess says through the door.

I throw the chest in my room at the door in response, seeing something.

The trap door I his when we first built this place.

Thank god the old me knew I would need to sneak out at one point.

I grap the chest and open the door, placing it back on top before closing it and going down the ladder.

The entire thing is hidden inside a tree, making it invisible to anyone else.

I pull out a torch, lighting the tunnel I dug out.

As I walk I feel as if the order now is splitting apart, like the old order.

Nothing makes much sense now, but if they are going to assume someone completely good is evil, I want no part of that order.

Finally the hidden exit comes into sight.

I push open the door and shove past the vines and rose bushes.

The plains are just ahead, making me walk towards them.

I just hope that she's there.

The great river's beach is completely empty, and I sigh, shaking my head.

I sit down.

In a perfect world she wouldn't have to face this evil alone.

But they sent her off.

So let them have the world.

We'll just find a way to live without them.

I know that good with prevail here, as long as we work together.

"Petra? Is that you?" Lukas asks from behind me.

I turn to see him standing there, his blond hair standing out in the dark of night.