Chapter 20- The End

Petra's POV

I climb up the pillar that Jesse had fallen onto, which also happens to be at the very edge of the end.

When I get to the top, I panic, mainly because nothing is there.

When I'm about to give up, a hand at the edge of the pillar, looking weak.

I find myself scrambling toward it, seeing Jesse handing down.

"Jesse!" I say, making her look up.

Her eyes are tiered, and she looks as if she is shutting down.

"Hey Petra." She croaks, smiling lightly.

I go to grab her hand to pull her up, and she is on the pillar, looking like she might be gone any second.

"Did, did you ever tell that person?" She asks weakly, making something inside me snap.

"No, I think its too late." I whisper, feeling like its all over.

She shakes her head, reaching forward.

Her hands hold my face so she can look directly into my eyes.

"Its. Never. Too. Late." She says, looking like the pain she's in is unbearable.

I hate seeing her like this, and I know that I have to let her go.

But I know that, it doesn't mean its right.

"Jesse, keep fighting. You fought through all of this, and you stayed alive. You never stopped fighting, that's what I like about you." I say, feeling a single tear fall from my eye.

She wipes it away, staring directly into my eyes.

"I can't fight anymore." She whispers, looking like she is about to leave for good.

Everything she has told me makes me just say it.

"I love you Jesse." I whisper, almost wishing she doesn't hear it.

Just after I say it, the others get to the top, stopping dead to see the tragety unfold.

She smiles lightly, looking as if she can't speak.

Its a look that tears my heart out, a feeling I don't know well.

Then her eyes go blank and she poofs out of existance.

Her armor and Louie float on the ground, making me silently pick them up.

As soon as I do, my head spins.

"What's happening?!" Olivia screams, falling backwards off the pillar.

"Olivia!" Axle shouts, stumbling over his own feet and tumbling after her.

Jess simply faint, disappearing.

As I kneel there, reality seems to melt away before my eyes, the ground crumbling away, letting me fall.

......

My back lands on something soft, and I jolt forward, breathing heavily.

The others do the same around the room, Axle looking like something happened that he predicted would.

The bed one block away from mine is empty, making me frown.

No Jesse.

"Uh, guys? Did we all just have the same way dream?" Olivia asks, making Axle shake his head.

"No. That's not it at all!" He says happily, making us all stare at him.

I narrow my eyes.

"So it was real?" I ask, making him nod.