Chapter 16- I Don't Want To Die

Petra's POV

We approach the large lair Ivor moved to after the wither storm was defeated.

It was even huger than he described to us, but Jesse seems the most impressed.

"Look at the amazing building quality!" She exclaims and the house lights up as we come closer.

The way she spoke to me this morning, it made me think.

I think I might like Jesse, but I wasn't exactly sure how to tell her.

Right now didn't seem too ideal either, so I was going to leave it for now.

We walk up to the door, Jess knocking because Ivor always seemed to like him more than the rest of us.

The door flinds open and he stands there with a splash potion of harming.

"Oh. Jess. What are you doing here?" He asks, letting us into the huge house.

When Jesse walks in however, he almost drops his potion.

"You." He states like they have met.

"You?" Jesse asks, sounding confused.

He walks up, examining her.

"This is absoloutly remarkable. The prophecy never said that you would age." He states, holding up her arm to look at it.

She pulls away from him, crossing her arms angrily.

"Bugger off." She spits, taking a large step back.

I smile lightly and intercept the little quarrel.

"Jesse, this is Ivor, the guy who is going to help us." I say, staring pointedly at her.

She raises her eye brow at me, then looks at Ivor, and back again.

He walks back over to Jesse.

"Please excuse my odd behavior Jesse. Its just, everything about your prophecy is a blur to me." He states, making us all confused.

"Prophecy?" I ask, making him turn to us.

He takes one look at Jesse and frowns.

"Jesse, please come with me. I need to explain some things to you, alone." He growls, leading her off into another room.

We all sigh, sitting down on the cold iron floor.

Shouting and arguing can be heard from the room where Ivor took Jesse, and we all stare at it, waiting for someone to come out.

For a while the yelling continues.

Then Jesse storms out of the room with Ivor on her tail.

"You need to accept your fate Jesse!" He shouts angrily.

"Stay the hell away from me!" She shouts, walking out the front door.

We all look from Ivor to the door and back.

Anger rises in my chest.

"What the heck did you say to her?!" I shout, pushing him back slightly.

He narrows his eyes.

"I simply told her the truth!" He shouts.

Jess looks over at me, giving me a look.

That's the look I need.

I run out the door, going after her.

"Jesse?!" I shout, hoping she answers.

Nothing.

"Come on Jesse! Answer me!" I shout again, hearing light sobbing close by.

I walk towards the swamp tree, going around it to see her, holding her knees close to her chest.

"Jesse!" I shout, running over.

Her cheeks are drenched in tears as she looks up.

"What did he say to you?" I ask, kneeling down.

She looks away.

"Talk to me." I say, making her look into my eyes.

"I know what my fate is." She mutters, tears still flowing down her face.

I hold onto her shoulders.

"What is it?" I ask desperately.

She once again looks at me, eyes filled with pain.

"I don't want to die Petra. I just got my life back. I have friends, people I could even consider family." She cries, putting her head back down.

What she says really gets to me, breaking my heart in two to see her like this.

"What makes you think you're going to die Jesse?" I ask gently, making her sob.

She doesn't answer, and I feel the hate for Ivor that I had before grow.

My arms wrap around her and she sobs into my shoulder.

"I'm not ready to die." She whispers, hugging me back.

I sigh lightly, letting her nuzzle into my shoulder.

"Its okay. I won't let that happen." I whisper, silently smoothing down her hair.

I stare behind her, not knowing what we are going to do.

....

Hey guys. I hope you liked that, sort of dramatic sort chapter. So yeah. I'll see you all soon.

-ThePurpleWarroir