Chapter 1- Living With a Broken Heart

Jess' POV

No one really understood how I felt when Rueben died, not even Olivia and Axle.

Petra tried to understand, but she failed every time.

Nothing really feels right, and in a way, I wish I could just have one person that wouldn't try to understand, someone that would just listen, and sit there, letting me let everything out.

Not even Lukas could do that, and me and him had become good friends when fighting the witherstorm.

"Jess, come on. We need to go into town and see what problems they have for us today." Petra calls, making me sit up.

My armor is already on and I walk out, seeing the pity in their eyes.

I hate it when people look at me in pity.

We start to walk to the town, and we don't even get far from the treehouse before the townspeople hoard around us.

"Its the great river! Its going to bust through the dam!" One townsperson shouts desperately.

The great river?

Where have I heard that name before?

"Clam down everyone. We will fix the problem." Olivia shouts, making the crowd part for us.

We rush to the edge of town and get to it in no time, wasting no time.

One hole is already poked through, making us plug it up in seconds.

"I wonder what is making it burst." Axle says, looking around.

Petra gulps, looking up.

"Maybe that." She mutters, pointing upward.

We look up to see the dam overflowing with mobs, making us all gape.

"How did that happen?" I ask, not really getting any of this.

We look around, and suddenly I get it.

Anything that lands in that water can't get out and is swept all the way downstream.

Which is here.

"Uh guys, we made this problem. We need to let it flow out, or else we would have enough mobs soon to attack the city and win." Olivia says, making the rest of us nod.

They grab blocks and start making paths for it to go, and I head up to the top, staying out of sight as I watch the mobs try to scale the wall.

The paths they make below are about five blocks high, making is impossible to get out.

Finally they make it to the lake, and they swim around, the only reason I can tell is because they run back over to me.

My eyes however are no longer on them.

Its on the river.

"Jess, go get mom, dad, anyone. You can't pull me up by yourself." A voice echo's in my mind.

I walk forward as they start to destroy the dam from the bottom up.

The slightly crumbly ground makes my head hurt, and my heart heavy.

"Jess? What's wrong?" Petra calls, jumping over.

I look up at her, not entirely sure myself.

"I... I need to go. You guys can handle this right?" He asks, running off.

Petra looked a little ticked off at me, but who cares.

I need to figure out exactly what that memory is, and why I can't remember it.

My feet carry me to a single house, and I knock on the door.

It opens, and there stands my father.

"Jess. Its been a while hasn't it?" He asks, smiling proudly at my armor.

I nod, sitting down.

"Dad, while on a mission, I had something go through my mind about a girl. She was telling me to go get help. Can you please tell me why I can't remember anything that happened with the great river?" I ask, making him scratch the back of his head.

He sighs.

"Jess, you had a sister." He says, me interrupting him.

"Yeah, you said she died before she could be born." I say, making him mutter something to himself.

"No. She lived for seven years, you two were best friends. She fell off a ledge one day Jess, and she was swept away into the great river. No one ever found her. The reason you might be remembering things is because that day, you were there with her." He answers, making my jaw drop.

I should remember all of this, I was six and normally at six you can start remembering things.

"Why can't I remember?" I ask, making him start going through a chest.

He hands me a stone sword that looks like it was on the verge of breaking with a grip imprinted into the handle.

"This was your sister's. She threw it to you so the ground wouldn't crumble beneath your feet." He says, making me look down at it in amazement.

She was seven, and she chose to save me instead of herself.

"You can't remember it because it was so terrible that over the years you blocked it out Jess." He answers, obviously looking upset.

I sigh, staring down at the sword, vowing to put it up in the treehouse where it can be honored.

But I can't help but feel guilty.

If only I had been stronger, I might have been able to save her.

"I'll leave you now." I mutter, walking out the door.

The sword in my hand is put away, and replaced by my enchanted Axe.

I trudge through the forest, feeling more terrible than before.

How the heck am I supposed to be a hero when I couldn't even save my sister?

Third person.

I'm giving you another chance girl.

Don't blow it.

Because this is the only chance you get left.

You are not a god, and you are not invinceble, but today you will come to life.

Only because you are needed my dear.

Just don't blow it.

......

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I will try to update soon, but I need to study since exams are this week. Bleh. Anyway comment what you think and I'll see you soon my fellow minecrafters.

-ThePurpleWarrior