Chapter 12- The Damsel in Distress

Olivia's POV

Jess and Axle are still holding Petra hostage in her room, and its morning now.

"Okay guys, this is stupid. She probably fell asleep." I say, making Axle roll his eyes at me.

"How do we know you're on our side?" He asks, willing his eyebrow in hope to make us laugh.

It works on me, but Jess simply crosses his arms from where he sits in the room.

I don't get him.

We agreed with him, and we even let him imprison Petra, what the hell is his problem.

"Whatever. I'm going for a walk. Sitting here waiting for a stubborn girl to change her mind isn't my style." I say, leaving the treehouse without waiting for an answer.

The grass crunches beneath my feet as the sun slowly gets above my head.

This is nice, I never really got to just walk anymore.

We used to walk and talk all the time, the gang and I, but now its different.

We keep growing further and further apart, and with recent fights, I don't think we will ever fix the cracks.

The forest is huge, and I have a lot of thinking to do, so I bearly pay attention to where I'm going.

I mean, Jess might have overreacted, I get why he would think that, but I don't understand why he would be the one to start the argument.

After walking for a while, my foot slips, and I tumble forwards, my hand catching the cliffs edge.

At the bottom is a large cave that seems to drop forever.

"Help! Someone!" I shout, feeling my hand slowly start to slip.

A face appears above me, and its Jesse.

For a second, when she reaches out, I almost push away, thinking she might push me off, but before I can she hold onto my arm, pulling me up slowly, huffing as she flings me back onto the grass.

She breathes heavily and looks back at me.

"Why would you save me? After what we did?" I blurt out, making her stand.

Jesse brushes the dirt off her blue overalls.

"Because, it doesn't feel right to let someone die. Even if they hurt you." She says, making me feel like an idiot.

She walks over, holding out her hand to me.

I take it and she pulls me up.

"Goodbye Olivia." She mutters, about to leave.

"Wait! Jesse." I run up, turning her around.

She stares at me, her eyes filled with curiosity.

"What is it Olivia?" She asks.

"I'm sorry." I say, making her smile.

She puts me into a head lock, messing up my beanie.

"Ha ha. Stop it!" I shout, looking at her amused face.

"Its in the past." She says, turning to go into the forest.

I follow, keeping in step with her.

"So where have you been staying?" I ask her as we make out way through the dense tree trunks.

"Oh, I've been staying in Petra's cave hut." She responds, making me feel bad for leaving Petra trapped with the guys.

We get to the cave and she leads me through part of it until we reach a large lit up opening.

In the middle a dark oak wood hut stands out against the stone.

Lukas comes out.

"Jesse! Where did you go?" He asks worriedly.

Jesse scoffs and walks up to the porch.

"Clam down ocelot." She says, gesturing to me before saying, "I had to rescue her from falling off a cuff didn't I?"

I walk forward, Lukas and I nodding to each other as a hello.

"Lukas, did you find...." Petra trails off as our eyes meet.

"Hello Olivia." She says cooly, slowly making her way over to Jesse protectively.

I frown at the act.

"Look Petra, I'm sorry. We were jerks, and the guys are still being jerks. Its obvious that she isn't evil. She just saved me even though I didn't defend her." I confess, making Petra's frown melt off her face.

She stares blankly at me.

"Its in the past." Jesse murmurs to her, making her huff.

"Fine." She says, walking back inside, giving me one last dirty look before doing so.

Lukas follows and Jesse pats me on the shoulder, smiling lightly.

We go into the hit, seeing Petra pulling apples out of the chest.

"So, how did you get out?" I ask, curiosity filling my body.

She smirks.

"There are a lot of things you guys don't know about the treehouse." She answers.

Jesse takes the apple out of her hand, running to the other side of the room and eating it.

"Hey!" Petra shouts, running over.

Its too late as she smirks playfully at her.

Lukas is laughing as Petra angrily chase Jesse around the room.

This scene make the smile on my face grow, and I realize that the guys are wrong.

She isn't evil.

She might have more good in her than all of us combined.

.......

Hey guys. So as I wrote this story I was watching a horror movie again called Evil Dead, the remake, and I realized that there is a character that looks and acts a bit like Olivia. She even has the same name! Me: "Olivia!!! Slay the monsters!!!!" Okay, anyway, I hope you liked the chapter and I will try to update soon. So you all later!

-ThePurpleWarrior