Chapter 7- Walls Around A Heart

Petra's POV

We are still in Jess and Jesse's father's house, waiting for the three to finish talking in the room.

The doctor left, leaving Olivia, Axle and I to sit in the room, watching the sky get dark from the window.

"Do you thinks she's okay?" Olivia asks, sounding concerned.

I don't really answer, knowing that anything I say will be considered suspisious.

No one has ever made me this worried in my life, and that's saying a lot.

She is someone that I feel like I couldn't live without, its just a gut feeling that I've only had once.

Olivia pulls something out and starts tinkering with it.

Probably another one of her inventions.

Since the wither storm battle Olivia has been creating new technology.

Just last week, which seems like a month ago, she created a screen that can show moving pictures.

Awesome right?

We just didn't really know what to play on it.

Right now this is probably her creating the thing to capture moving pictures to hook up to the screen.

Something about this technology gives me a bad feeling in my gut somewhere, but I leave it, knowing that it could be helpful.

Suddenly Jess and his father come out of the room, with Jesse standing right behind them.

She still wears my gloves, which makes me a little glad.

No one can see the marks, not yet.

They wouldn't understand.

Jesse walks over to me and sits down, looking exhausted even though she woke up an hour ago.

She leans her head on my shoulder, making her father look over at me.

He nods to me, almost a silent way of saying thank you again.

I don't really like this thing of being thanked for doing something I was told to do, it feels weird.

"Come on, we should get beck to the treehouse." Olivia says, getting up.

Axle pushes up off the ground, following her out the door.

Jess says goodbye to his father and follows the others.

"Goodbye Jesse." Her father says before we get up.

I extend my hand to her and she takes it, nodding to the man.

"Thank you, for everything." She says, hugging him lightly.

He hugs her back, his smile unmistakable.

The tough walls surrounding my heart seem to melt away at this moment, but only for a split second.

Then the walls are back up and I support Jesse as we follow the others.

I can tell that as we leave his gaze is on us in a way of knowing something we don't, and I have no clue what it is.

We make our way through the town, where no one is out in the streets.

"Petra? What are we going to do about the mark?" She whispers.

The others are far enough that they won't hear us.

"I know someone who might be able to answer some of our questions, but he is sort of in a place a bit far away." I whisper back, seeing her limp lightly.

She looks confused.

"Where is he then?" She asks, her green eyes looking lifeless and tiered like the night we first met.

"The End. But I know of a Portal close to here. It won't take us long to get there, but finding him in The End will be tricky." I confess, seeing her look down at her feet.

She simply nods in response, and I can't help but feel sorry for her.

When I had gotten back my memories I already had a good idea of everything around me, but Jesse had no clue who she was, and found it out, only to be even more confused.

I don't say anything though, mainly because she looks tiered enough.

My stomach twists and turns with worry, and inside I find myself vowing to myself.

No matter what I will protect you, no matter what happens next.

.....

Hey guys. So I realized that in my old stories I had Petra's character a bit off, so I'm trying to keep her more like the actually character, tough with a side no one gets to see. So I hop you enjoyed this chapter and I will try to update soon.

-ThePurpleWarrior