Chapter One: Promises

Thank you to everyone who is reading this! This was not only my very first Gweter story, but fanfiction in general I had ever wrote, and I hope you all like it.

~Okay please keep in mind- the username at the bottom of each chapter was my first username and what I used when I first started writing on Wattpad. This is not my current username, but instead of going through each chapter and updating I am letting you all know here. It is still me here!~

Peter's POV

"Leave Gwen out of it," Captain Stacy says with his last breath, "Promise me."

The two most dreaded words anyone had ever said to me. Promise me. Never before had keeping a promise been so hard. I would see Gwen near her locker at school, and it would take all my self-restraint to not go and pull her to me. I sat behind her in class, and never once did I even listen to what the teacher was saying; all I did was stare at the back of Gwen's head. I missed being able to run my hands through her hair it whenever I wanted to. 

That's where I sat now- science class, simply staring at Gwen. I know I probably sound like some creepy stalker, but it's true. You would have to personally know and love Gwen the way I do to understand. 

"Mr. Parker!" the teacher suddenly shouts at me. I tear my gaze from Gwen and give my teacher, Mrs. Jonson, my full attention.

"Thank you, for finally coming back to present day Earth. Now, would you please pay attention instead of staring at Miss. Stacy?" She gives me a pointed stare while the class snickers, all except Gwen, that is. She only sends me a confused look as I turn true Spider-Man red and avoid her gaze.

"Now, as I was saying, we will be doing class projects for the next few weeks, and I will be putting you all into different partnerships."

At this I perked up. What were the chances of Gwen and I perhaps being partners? I had promised to leave Gwen alone, but simple science projects were beyond my control. Besides, I could't deny that I missed hearing her voice everyday, and I'd rather her explain science methods to me than not being able to talk to her at all.

"Alright now, Miss. Edwards with Mr. Anthonies, Miss. Sellkia with Mr. Nichols, Miss. Stacy with..."

I cross my fingers hoping and praying, daydreaming about finally being able to sit next to her for a whole science period. 

"Mr. Thompson." Mrs. Jonson then finishes, and my stomach immediately drops. Out of all the students in this class, it had to be Flash? Sure, he hadn't been bullying me as much lately but still.....

"Mr. Parker with Miss. Condal." Gabby Condal. Great, just great. I put my head down and mentally prepared myself for the longest science project I would probably ever face.