Chapter Fifteen: Okay

Peter's POV

"Hey, Katherine!" I call the next morning at school, "Wait!"

Katherine turns around and faces me, "Oh, hey, Peter. What's up?"

"Well, um I was wondering that um....." 

She looks at me, waiting for me to continue as I stutter, "Could you um, give me Gwen's homework?"

Her face breaks into a smile, "Oh, yeah, yeah of course. After school, alright?"

I nod my head, "Yeah, sure." 

After last night, it was amazing how happy I felt. No longer did I walk into school, dragging my feet, while at the same time sending glares to any happy couple who seemed to be mocking my pain. Sure, Gwen wasn't at the school with me, but it was the simple thought of her that made me happy. Happy because right after school it would be me who dropped off her homework, and it was me who got to give her a goodbye kiss last night.

Mrs. Stacy made a deal with us last night. She said that as long as Gwen slept and took it easy all day while I was at school, I could spend the whole evening with her, as long as I told Aunt May where I was.

I walked to my locker, grabbed my books, before heading to my science class. And oddly enough, I felt like I could even face Gabbi Condal today, and be okay.

_ _ _ _

The moment the last bell rang I dashed to my locker, quickly found Katherine, and once she handed me Gwen's work, I was off to the hospital. I considered scaling a building and swinging to get there faster, but soon decided against it. Besides, without even using my webs I could get there pretty fast by simply running. So I did, I ran from the school to the hospital. 

Once I reached the hospital, I slowed my pace to a walk and went up to Gwen's room. I knock on the door, and her mom opens it. "She'll be excited to see you," Mrs. Stacy smiles and walks past me. 

I close the door behind me, and grin when I see Gwen is asleep. I move closer to her and smile down at her. Her hair manages to perfectly lay on her pillow beside her head. She looks so peaceful sleeping, that instead of waking her, I just stand there, studying her every detail.

"Stop staring at me, creep," Gwen mumbles, and a smile plays on her lips.

"Hey, how did you even know I was in here?" I ask.

She opens her eyes and raises her eyebrows, "Honestly, Peter, I heard my mom open the door."

"Oh... makes sense," I respond.

"Yes, yes it does."

I give her a look before moving so I am hovering over her, and I lean down to brush our lips lightly together, before giving her an actual kiss. I honestly don't have any idea how I managed to go this long without kissing her. Her lips are sweet and soft, and they always make me want even more. But soon, air becomes an issue, and we both reluctantly pull apart.

"Sit next to me?" Gwen asks, scooting over so there is room for me on her bed.

Instantly, I say yes, and sit next to her, wrapping my arms around her as she places her head on my shoulder. Breathing contently, I rest my head against hers, wanting to just stay like this forever. 

"Does your ankle still hurt?" I ask her after a few minutes of silence. 

"Off and on. I honestly could probably leave for home any day now, but my mom wants to make sure I'm okay. She's been a little paranoid lately, especially after what could've happened to Howard yesterday..."

I kiss her head, "It's going to be okay. No matter how long you are here, I'll come visit you everyday."

Gwen looks up at me, "You will, really?"

Shrugging, I respond, "I love you, Gwen, of course I will."

She smiles, "I love you too, Peter."

We both slowly move closer, and when our lips touch, I, myself, can believe it. 

It's going to be okay.

A/N

This chapter was basically all fluff, and the next one probably will be too, but don't worry, the one after that I have some drama planned. Please read & review!! Love you all :)

Love_To_Write218