Chapter Eight: The Aftermath

Gwen's POV

I slowly open my eyes and allow them to adjust. I am in a white room in a bed. My head throbs , and I gingerly life my hand to feel there is a bandage there.

"Oh Gwen, darling, I'm so glad to see you awake! How do you feel?" My mother says once she sees me awake.

"Like a bull stomped on my head twenty times," I respond.

My mother smiles and walks over to the bed, "Do you remember anything?"

I frown, "Well, I was walking home from Peter's... and some lady was following me. She attacked me, and as I fell I hit my head. I must've lost consciousness after that. Wait, hang on a minute!" My mother raises her eyebrows, telling me to continue, "I was in a dark alley, how did you find me?"

My mother responds with, "Spiderman. I don't know where you would be if it weren't for him, he saved your life ."

I lean back and close my eyes, feeling even more guilty than I had upon leaving Peter's house. After basically shutting him out of my life, he repaid me by saving my life. It would be wrong to ignore him now, without at least thanking him.

My mother brings me back to present day, "I'm going to go tell the doctor you're awake."

I nod my as if in a trance and close my eyes once again, wondering what on Earth I was supposed to do.

A/N

I know it was really short and I apologize but what do you guys think? All comments are greatly appreciated! Love you all!

Love_To_Write218