Chapter Sixteen: Do Me The Honor?

Gwen's POV

A few minutes after Peter left to go home for the night, my phone rings. 

"Hello?" I ask into the phone.

"Gwen Stacy!" Katherine yells so loud, I nearly drop the phone.

"Katherine! What the heck?" I shriek back, "Are you trying to burst my eardrums?"

She sighs, "I'm sorry, but why didn't you tell me about you and Peter?"

Confused, I ask, "What?"

"Gwen, seriously?" Without even seeing her, I can tell  by her voice she just rolled her eyes, "Today at school Peter came and asked me for your homework. He said he would bring it to you."  

I shrug, "So..."

Katherine sighs again, "So.... what happened between you guys? Did you make up with him? Is this just a way to try winning you back? Are you back together? Are you dating? Is he here with you like.. now?!"

"Woah, slow down a minute.." I hold my hands up even though I know she won't be able to see me, "But, to answer your big question, yes we are back together."

She squeals, "Oh, Gwen, this is amazing! I'm so happy."

I laugh at her enthusiasm, "Is that all, Katherine? I really need to sleep."

"I guess it is, well bye!" She says, and then she hangs up.

"Bye," I answer. 

_ _ _ _

Around three o'clock the next day, Peter comes bursting into the hospital room, out of breathe, "Hey, Gwen!"

"Peter! Don't just come bursting in here, I could've been sleeping!" I playfully scold him.

He shakes his head, "Nah, I knew you wouldn't be sleeping?"

I raise my eyebrows at him, "And how exactly did you know this?"

"Because," he shrugs his shoulders, "I knew you would be to excited to see my handsome face to be able to sleep."

Shaking my head, I say, "Full of ourselves, are we, Mr. Parker?"

He laughs, "Only for you, Ms. Stacy, only for you."

Peter comes over and gives me a quick kiss on the lips before he says, "I have news!"

"And..."

His shyness returns, "Well... you know the school dance is coming up," I give him a look, "and I was wondering maybe you would go with me?"

"Peter, I'd love to, but-"

"Gwen, I talked to your mom," he cuts me off, "She said that she'll talk to the doctor, and she'll allow you to be let out for that one night. I mean, if you're up to it."

I look at him in disbelief, "Are you serious?"

He nods his head, before grabbing my hand, "Now, will you please do me the honor of being my date to the dance?"

Smiling, I answer, "I would be honored."

He smiles back, and then leans forward and kisses me on the mouth. 

"Gwen?" He mumbles.

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

I give him another kiss before responding, "I love you too."