Chapter 26: Peridot! No!

Peridot jumped infront of Lapis and an arrow came flying towards them. It stabbed Peridot right where her heart would be. The green gem exclaimed a scream and she was poofed into her gem form, her gem crashing into the ground. Everything happened so fast...

"PERI NOOO!" Lapis fell to her knees and cupped in hands, picking up the gem. A tear escaped her eye and she began to cry. Peridots gem was cracked, right from the centre upwards. Lapis hugged the gem and cried harder.

"Princess! We need to get out of here now!" Screamed one of the guards. The two men grabbed the Princess's and pulled them into a forest.

"It's a short cut." One of them said as they kept running into the trees.

About 10 minutes later they reached Roses temple without getting hurt. All except Peridot, Lapis hadn't taken her eyes off the cracked gem since she picked it up. Her eyes bloodshot from all the crying.

The guards knocked on the door and Blue Pearl stood next to her emotional sister, she placed a hand on Lapis' shoulder. "Don't worry sis... She'll be okay. Peridot's a stronge gem." Lapis smiled at her blue sister and the door to the castle opened.

"Oh Lapis, B.P! You made it here safely." Exclaimed Amethyst welcoming them in. Steven was next to her, noticing Lapis' red eyes as the two royals walked inside leaving the guards behind.

"Everything okay Lapis?" Lapis shooked her head and showed the cracked gem to Steven.

"Oh..." Steven bit his lip. "Hopefully she'll be okay..." He placed his hand on Lapis' shoulder.

Yeah, hopefully...