Chapter 16: Round 2 Match 2: Erza vs Gajeel

Erza's P.O.V.

I was getting ready for the fight ahead it was going to be interesting how our fight might go, Gajeel was pretty strong, but after watching Deceros vs Meice fight I knew all the matches might end up being pretty close but then again who knows.

I watch gajeel he looks ready for a fight but I am ready and will give it all I have got to show the master that I am useful as well and as an S class wizard I should be able to beat him. "Hey Erza you ready to fight?" Meice came up to me clearly she was still injured from the fight she had but was able to move. "Yes I am and I am looking forward to fighting Gajeel. Shouldn't you be resting Meice." I looked at her a little conserned but I was mostly thinking about how the fight might go.

"I should be resting but I just can't help but get up because I wanna see how the rest of the matches play out." Meice said in a excited tone but just then master spoke over the speakers. "Erza and Gajeel please make your way into the arena your fight will begin soon." Master sounded really cool over the speakers.

We both made our way into the arena for the fight and I felt confident of victory. We were both in the arena now and I saw the others in the stands cheering it made me hype up more than usual. "Okay we want a good fight are you ready then let's begin!!!" Master yelled excitedly as the fight began I begun with my 'the knight' requip and Gajeel right from the word begin had gotten ready for the fight but I dodged his first attack and attacked him back and got a hit but Gajeel was able to dodge some of it and I didn't knock him out. "Is that all you got haha child's play. Iron dragon roar!" Gajeel's attack launched straight at me but I got out of the way just in time and I decided to requip again to my dark armor. "You are tough but can you handle me now." I said and went in to swing at him quicker then I was before and as such I struck him again but he didn't fall. Guess he isn't the iron dragonslayer for nothing.

We kept going to and fro and I decided to requip back to 'the knight' and summon many swords and launch them at Gajeel and he went in for another attack. Both of our attacks clashed and dust had formed due to the two attacks but once it had cleared Gajeel was on the ground puffing and I was on my knee due to using a large amount of energy. Gajeel didn't get up so master announced me the winner. People cheered but I went up to Gajeel. "Thank you for the fight it was good." Gajeel looked a little upset at losing but still so next round I fight Deceros I wonder what will happen.