Chapter 24: The sage forest

Meice's POV

After escaping as far away as I could from magnolia and those evil people I reached some sort of forest and my glacial wyvern disappeared so I had to travel on foot...

I got pretty lost in this forest but I knew at least I got away but I do wonder what that big creature I saw that was above magnolia was... Was it one of Deceros's summons... It probably was but still I just had to think about a hiding spot right now.

I kept moving and searching for a hiding place but it was hard to find one until I came across one in a tree and a older lady was in there and she seemed fairly irritable... "You there what are you doing here?!" She yelled at me then I told her my situation. "Hmm well I am kahley and am master of this forest... And I will let you hide here for now but you have to make yourself useful... By doing the herbal collecting." She told me and I nodded in agreement but I just hope the others are okay...

Crell's POV

It was difficult to search for the girl but I was glad to have used my force magic to protect myself from most of the attack by the giant fish thing... Need to get that girl though she is important...

Lucas's POV

We started to look around the rubble considered magnolia now and decided to try and find Meice outside of magnolia... "So what made you join that evil group?" Deceros asked me because he was a friend I explained it to him.

Flashback

I was on the street and since my father died I wasn't in much of a condition to be able to get food and stuff for myself so I went and looked for scraps... I saw a girl with green hair and glasses and she was Mikano and she was also in the same condition I was...

Our home town got attacked and someone in a dark cloak asked us to come with them and they can give us a better life... They saw our potental in our magic and then we left with them and joined group mayhem.

End of flashback

I told Deceros all about it and then we reached a forest area and a sign was up just outside it. Warning this is sage forest and this is a cursed place... For own safety do not enter!
"Hmm well I doubt Meice would go into a cursed place... Better head back to the others." Deceros said and I nodded. I noticed Deceros was still plenty weak and I helped him walk back and we made it to the others and told them.

"Hmm well until we find Meice we need to focus on magnolia and repairs... It won't help if Meice and all the others that escaped come back to rubble." Master makarov said and we all agreed... It is surprising that when I read up on fairytail I read they were very good at collateral damage but with all this I guess they are a good lot.

The sage forest is where she is hiding I can tell but I know about it being cursed so entering is a bad idea I just hope Meice stays safe in there. Even though I was part of the group that hunted her and the other ancient magic priestesses I did it out of survival not because of ideology... I am glad I found this guild though...