1.The Scholarship

Thanks for the lovely cover @KacyMillie

"Olivia! Wake up, you sleepy head. Get ready for school, we are already running five minutes late." Screamed my idiotic twin brother, Jacob, waking me up from my peaceful sleep as he entered my room and shoved me off my bed.

"Fine.I am getting up. Stop shouting so loudly." I replied in a groggy voice, probably sounding like a croaking frog. Groaning, I got up from the cold floor and changed into whatever decent clothing I could find, looking as presentable as I possibly can with the bird nest I have on top of my head. I checked my reflection in the mirror and sighed.

As to not waste more time, I ran into the kitchen, grabbed a granola bar and joined my brother in his Ford not before saying goodbye to my mother.

The car ride with my brother was eerily silent which was quite shocking as my brother is always blabbering about his music band known as 'The Green Zombies' or was it 'The Gigantic  Wolves'? Anyway, the point was that his band members were just a bunch of louts who liked to believe that they actually are going to have an amazing career in music. I just looked out of the window, staring at the roads of  Los Alamitos, thinking about what might be wrong with him. The sunlight falling on my face was warm and soothingly embraced me. It plunged me into a world of my own.

Realizing that we had reached our school and he had already parked the car, I sat up straight. "Bye Jakey-boy!" I said excitedly as I turned my head towards him.

"Bye Olivia and by the way, that is the worst pet name you have come up with so far."

I smiled and childishly stuck my tongue out at him. We exited the car and  separated our ways in front of the school gate. I entered the hell hole, better known as school to the human kind and walked towards the lockers to see my best friend Emily.

"Oh Oli! I missed you." She said whilst hugging me. We haven't seen each other just for two days and we already missed each other. We are weird that way. Those two days for us seemed like an eternity.

"Emily, I missed you too but we need to hurry up or we will be late for Mr. William's class." I could be late for any other class, but Mr. William freaks me out. The only thing that calmed me down was the fact that Emily and I share most of our classes together.

Emily Jones and me, Olivia Thompson actually have quite different personalities and interests. I am interested in books and soccer, whereas she is the complete opposite of me. She is definitely more social than I am. She can gossip all day long and still not get tired. I am not exactly a nerd, but still I work hard to get those big fat straight A's.

The only other person we are really close to is Eric Matthews. He is Emily's cousin and is on the soccer team. He had trained me for two years. Our school's coaches are pigs. They sometimes don't let the girls play soccer because, they think that only the boys' team has talent and is worth coaching. Stupid fudge faces.

As we were heading towards the classroom, Emily started speaking, "Did you know that James Walter is dating Maya?"

I shook my head to indicate that I had no idea what she was talking about.

"So, I saw the two of them canoodling during gym on Friday. Maya is such a bitch..." Emily continued to chatter like a bird.

To be honest, I zoned out for a minute there and I was grateful when we entered the classroom. I was lost in my own world today and my brain thought about a whole lot of random things.

After a horrible math class and a boring history lecture we both finally headed to the cafeteria. The rest of my day passed in a blur.

Phew! Only the soccer practices are left. I thought happily.