21. The Wedding

"Yes, I certainly am the best man. Fancy seeing you here, Olivia." He smirked at me, looking devilishly handsome.

"Um... You too Archer. "

"So....?"

"Huh? "

"What did you want? " He said with his eyes shimmering with humor and a smirk slowly creeping onto his well sculptured lips.

"Um... Oh yes! The bride wants to see you."

"Okay. I will go there in a minute. Anything for the bride." He said as he turned his back on me and walked towards the dresser. He picked the sleek watch lying there and slipped it on in one swift motion, with his long fingers moving like a pianist's.

He turned around and raised an eyebrow at me.

"Why are you still here?"

My cheeks turned red and I shook my head in embarrassment.

"Sorry, I am just going to go." I said and turned around to leave but a thought came in my head.  Earlier this morning, he left me alone without saying much and talking about what had happened.

I faced him again and decided to finally face the previous night's occurrences.

"We still haven't talked about last night, you know?"

He headed towards me and held my face in his hands. He lowered his head and was moving eerily closer to my lips yet again.

"What is there to talk about?" He said in a low tone, kissing me.

As much as I wanted to give in and kiss him back, I put my hands on his chest and pushed him back.

"No, we have to talk. "

"Livvy, I.... I haven't been in a relationship ever, all I have ever done is fool around with other girls, and honestly, you are the first girl that I think I like. I can't deny it anymore. After that day at  the carnival, all I thought about was you. I tried to suppress my feelings, but all this time, I knew that it was impossible for me to get rid of them. I just couldn't take it anymore, so I decided to finally find you and I did. I finally found you."

My heart warmed after listening to his little speech but there were a few things that were bugging me.

"But Ms. Collins, the chemistry teacher, I heard that you liked her?"

He frowned and his lips twitched in realization. "Did your brother tell you about her?"

"Um... Yeah, he did. We share a lot of stuff with each other. "

"Okay, well, I kind of had a bet on that girl. A guy challenged me and said that I couldn't make that teacher fall for me. So, I argued back and accepted the challenge. I acted like a love sick guy because nothing else seemed to work on her, but sadly, that didn't work too. Your brother seemed to be more attractive to her than I was. " He ended the explanation with slight confusion and a frown on his face.

I nodded my head in acknowledgement to his explanation and was tempted to roll my eyes at his last statement, but resisted.

"How did you know where I lived? " This was the question that I really wanted to ask since last night.

His lips moved up in one direction, forming the smirk that I was now getting used to and he shook his head.

"Now, that is something I will tell you later. But for now...." He moved closer to me and leaned down and whispered in my ear, making me shiver.

"That is enough of you asking me questions." He closed the distance between us again and without reluctance, I did the same.

*---*---*---*