9. Rachel,who?

Song: Need to be next to you - Leigh Nash

I can do this! Don't stop Olivia, don't stop. Keep moving. I repeatedly chanted in my mind while I was tackling the ball. This was my last chance to prove to the coach that I could do this.

After a session of exerting all of my energy, I was hoping that the coach would give in. I was doing better than half the guys on the team. All because of Archer.

Finally the coach called us.

"Practice is tomorrow at 5. All of you can leave now, except you Thompson."

Archer gave me a pat on the back and left with rest of the guys.

"Yes, sir?"

"Jacob, you did well today. I want you on the team but you do need to gain a little muscle. Start training with Archer in the gym from today itself."

"Sure sir. Thank you so much!"

"Its you who played well but if you mess up, believe me, it won't take me long enough to kick your ass out of this team."

*---*---*---*---*

"Archer, you have to come with me to the gym."

"Go alone. I am busy right now." He said while texting on his phone.

"Who are you even texting to anyway?"

"Rachel." Ouch, a girl.

"Rachel, who?"

"Just some girl I met a few days ago... Hey can you do me a favour? Go to Dylan's room to sleep tonight. His roommate is in his hometown, so he has an extra bed."

"Why can't I stay here?"

"I am going to have this girl over for the night."

"How are you even going to bring her in the school? How are you going to get away from the security?" I said, my voice filled with disappointment for some reason I was still not ready to accept.

"I have my ways."

He has done this before, he is doing it today and he will do it tomorrow. Stop it Olivia! You don't care about what he does in his life. It is none of your business.

*---*---*---*---*

An hour later, I was in the gym with Archer who was trying to kill me. Not literally, of course. He was making me do a really tiring workout, making me lift heavy weights and do uncountable number of push ups.

When we were on the treadmill, I decided to engage him in some conversation. It was getting pretty boring to just be running without any music.

"So, what does this Rebecca girl look like anyway? Is she like all of those bimbos?" I should just shove a rag or something in my mouth to keep me quiet! He is going to think I am obsessed with him.

"Firstly, it is Rita. No, wait..." The fact that he forgot her name already, gave me a sense of relief and satisfaction but arose another question in my mind: does he treat all of the girls like this? With no care and respect, just as toys?

He pulls out his phone from his pocket. I have no idea how he manages that while running at a considerably high speed on a treadmill. I mean 15 mph is not less and I can hardly manage to look in another direction at even less and he's able to look into his phone and see everything clearly.

"Rachel. It's Rachel." He says as he looked into his phone for a few seconds.

"And I actually have a picture of her." He slowed down.

I was expecting that she would be a girl with fake boobs and a plastic face. Another barbie's replica. But no, this Rachel girl was beautiful with natural blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes. Her smile was quite enchanting and she looked like a sweet girl. Well, looks can be deceiving. I instantly hated her as soon as I thoroughly analyzed her beauty.

"Wow, she's pretty."

"Yeah, but she's mine for tonight . Don't use that weird charm that you possess on her." He said jokingly.

"So, are you trying to say that I am charming?"

Realising that the conversation had again become awkward, he just asked me to increase my speed and didn't say anything more other than giving me instructions.

*---*---*---*---*

It was 10 o'clock already and I was waiting for Archer to come to the room, hoping that he would not bring the girl over, but all my hopes came crashing down when Archer and Rachel came in the room while kissing each other. Producing a cough from my throat, I waited for them to notice me. When they had my attention, Rachel spoke up.

"Sorry, we did not see you there." She said in a sickly sweet tone. Ugh.

"I was just about to leave. Sorry for the interruption." I wish you rot in hell, in tartarus.

I left the room quickly and put my ear to the door to hear kissing sounds. As I took my ear off the door, I felt some wetness on my cheeks. They were my own tears. My heart ached and I couldn't decipher why. I have to say that I was attracted to Archer like every other girl, but was this much more? My heart seemed to answer that question without any hesitation in agreement while my brain was continuously disagreeing with me.

Follow your heart. A small voice said in my ear and I did, without even thinking about how dangerous this decision can be.

*---*---*---*---*

A/N: I hope you all liked this chapter.

♥♡♥♡ COMMENT,VOTE AND SHARE THIS STORY.♡♥♡♥♡♥

Thank you,
MissChanandler_Bong