7. The Awkward Kiss

AWKWARDNESS ALERT : 10/10

Waking up and training early in the morning became regular and brought about some changes in me. Three days had already passed.

Everything was great until Ms. Sophia asked me to stay in the class after the bell.

"Jacob, I really want to get to know you and your friends. How about we meet in the back stairwell as no one really comes there?"

This is too weird. My teacher asking me to meet her in the back stairwell. Doesn't she know that this is against a teacher's morals?

I was about to refuse when Archer's image flashed in my mind. I cannot do this to him. He is training me so well and I am not one to break off deals that easily.

"Um... Yeah sure. Will 9 be alright with you?"

"It's perfect", she smiled at me.

I informed Archer about our plans and he said that he would be there by 9.

The rest of the day was just boring and uneventful.

I thought it will be best if I arrive 5 minutes earlier, so I went to the stairwell only to find out that Sophia was already present there.

" I like men who arrive before time and never show any tardiness."

"Um..." What should I even say?

"Jacob, you are such a sweet guy. Why can't all men be like you? In my last relationship, my ex-boyfriend cheated on me with my best friend. It was the most heart wrenching moment."

"Sophia, I...." She put her finger on my lips for quietening me. 

"Shh... You don't need to say anything, I know this maybe is wrong but you are just perfect. I really like you Jacob." 

Before I could say anything she had claimed my lips. I was just too shocked to react and realized that I now had to check out two of the wildest things on my list -(1) I had been kissed by a teacher and (2) I had been kissed by a girl.

While she was trying to shove her tongue down my throat, I just helplessly stood there, frozen.

I raised my hands up to place them on her shoulders to push her away but as soon as I touched her, someone cleared their throat. We both broke apart, to see Archer standing in front of us , looking at me with such loathing in his eyes, that I thought I would burn at the spot.

"Oh it's only you!" Sophia started but he cut her off.

"I just came here to tell you guys that I have work to do so I won't be staying here for more than 5 minutes." A Lie. He was so excited about this rendezvous. "Since you both look really busy, I would just leave."

Saying this he quickly left us both alone.

I somehow managed to escape Sophia within the next five minutes. Archer was not in our room. I searched every corner of the school, but still couldn't find him.

Giving up, I went back to my room and started completing some assignments.

An hour later, the door to my room was kicked open by Archer who was not stable on his feet, he was swaying back and forth, his eyes were bloodshot red. I saw a drunk Archer. He came towards me and punched me in the face. Even in his drunk state he could throw a strong punch. I thanked God when I discovered that there was no bleeding.