13. The Eight Legged Monster

Since all my focus was on Archer's problems, I forgot my own little secret. The extremely open washrooms in this school was one of the biggest problem. I had survived for a few days but this morning, I forgot to put an alarm that would wake me from my sleep at four in the morning.

I leisurely woke up, but as soon as I saw the time, I rushed to get out of the bed.

Archer was not in the room, he was probably lying drunk out of his mind at the secret place he goes to for getting high.

Deciding that going in the boys washroom fifteen minutes before the classes starts was not a good idea, I changed in the room itself and left.

Two long and extremely boring classes passed in a blur. As I was heading to the cafeteria during my break, my phone started ringing. I held my phone in my hand and hid behind a tree on the backside of the reception.

"Hello mother, how are you?" I said.

"You still have the cold?" I keep forgetting that I am not exactly speaking in my normal voice.

"Oh, yes mom. It is not going away."

"Take care of yourself, honey. I wanted to talk to you about your cousin's wedding next week. "

"Wait, which cousin are we taking about? Why didn't you tell me before?"

"Oh, I didn't tell you? Sorry, honey. You remember your cousin Lucy from Chicago? She is getting married next week. "

"Lucy? It's been so long since I last saw her. I will surely attend her wedding but it would have been better if you could have told me earlier. Who is she getting married to anyway?"

"Well, honey don't be mad. But do you remember Oliver? My friend Linda's son? "

"Oh yes, Oliver. Everyone used to tease us because of our names."

Oliver and I used to be close when he lived in Los Alamitos but then he moved to Chicago.

"But aren't they too young to get married?"

"Yes, Lucy is pregnant, so they are getting married early. But apart from all of this, you have to wear a beautiful dress and wear those superb pair of heels I bought for you some months ago. "

"No, mom. Not those heels! They are really high and they kill my feet. I can't walk in that pair of heels. I will come over this weekend to go dress shopping with you, I really don't like your choice, sorry. Bye for now."

"But honey, those heels are perfect for a wedding. You-"

"Bye mom. I don't want to argue about this."

"Honey liste-"

"Don't worry mom, I will go for dress shopping with Emily before the wedding."

"Fine but choose something beautiful that emphasizes your body. I don't want my daughter to look shabby."

"Sure, mother but I think you won't like it if all the boys get a little too impressed, would you?"

"I am not asking you to wear less clothes, I am just saying you should buy something elegant."

"Fine mom. I think I got it - you want me to wear something that will impress your friends but won't attract boys." As if anyone is going to be attracted to me anyway.

"Exactly, also-"

"Mom, I really have to go for my class now. Bye!"

I ended the call and was just about to head to the cafeteria to get some food when I turned around to find myself looking at a weird pink bow . I looked up to see Mr. Collins, our principal, looking at me with a strange expression. Oh no.