5. Discovering Hell

Song: Highway to hell by AC/DC
Image: Dorm bathroom

"Can you switch off that bloody thing?!"

I woke up to the sound of my roommate Archer shouting at me. He was standing near my bed stand with my phone in his hand just about to press the end call button to an incoming phone call.

"What are you doing, Archer?!"

"Your stupid phone is ringing at two in the morning and since you were too lazy to get up and end the call, I decided to shut off this piece of shit myself!"

Snatching my phone from his hands, I saw that Emily was the one to wake us up at this hour. Archer just glared at me and went back to his bed while I decided to return her call.

"Hi Emily! Why are you calling at this hour? Is everything alright?"

"Oh, hi Olivia! I thought I should call you right now because no one would be around to disrupt our conversation. I am sorry if I woke you up."

I heard Archer lightly snoring on his bed.

Finally! It is safe to talk like my usual self now...hm...his snores are so cute! I wonder if he...oh god! Focus Olivia! Focus!

"It's okay, Em. Your phone call just woke up my roommate but now he is sleeping again."

"You have a roommate?! Is he hot? Tell me everything Miss!"

And so I told her about every little thing that happened yesterday.

"So what are you going to do now? At this rate, you will never be able to make friends there."

"It is better not to make many friends. The more friends I have, there will be a greater chance of my secret coming out."

"What about Jacob? Are you going to tell him?"

"If he calls me, then I will tell him everything but until then I am just going to pretend to be Jacob."

*---*---*---*---*

After my conversation with Emily, I had again went back to sleep but was woken up by an object hitting me on the back of my head.

"Wake up sleepy head, classes start at eight."

Thanking him for waking me up but at the same time wishing that he hadn't thrown a ball with such force, I got up.

Looking at my phone and realising that it was already quarter to eight, I grabbed a set of fresh clothes and ran to the common dorm bathroom.

As soon as I entered the bathroom, I realised that I was on the highway to hell. This school was Hades' Underworld and I was Hades' own very special guest.

The bathroom was full with half naked guys, some of them brushing, some shaving and the others heading to the showering stalls. The stalls did not have any doors, just a curtain separating the naked body of a person from the world.

A shiver ran down my spine as I was pushed forward by Archer who was wearing a towel low on his hips and was smirking at me in a devilish way.

"Thompson, why don't you go ahead and take a shower in the last stall. It is specially reserved for us and if you don't come out within two minutes, I will barge in."

My eyes widened as soon as I registered what he had said. This time I couldn't find a way to escape that easily but didn't back away from Satan himself.