Chapter 6-VIP Extraction

An armoured van parks outside a building with ADVENT patrolling the surrounding area. "In position," Nexus reports through Chailux's earpiece, "got eyes on possible targets."

"Rodger that," Chailux said then peaks his head out of his cover to survey the area, "fire on my command." A long pause filled the air then one of the MECs signals to stop and ready their weapon. "Now!" Nexus takes out an ADVENT soldier then the rest open fire on the patrols.

Kris looks over the edge of a nearby building and gives a nod. "Let's go boys and girls," he says, wrapping the cloth around his face before leaping down. They were advancing on the van from both sides but the MECs refused to go down.

As Bradford goes to shred their armour, his eyes flicker purple for a second. "Central," Kendrick yells out as he reloads his shotgun, "what are you waiting for?" Bradford turns his attention to him and his cannon starts to spin up. Kendrick dodges out of the way and dives through a window, "we've got a Sectoid somewhere."

"I see it," Nexus reports as he adjust his aim, "just out of my range." He notices Kris not too far off, "Kris. Central is being controlled. The Sectoid is in the structure behind you."

Kris looks back with a nod and pulls out his sword. He charges whilst screaming a battle cry, cleaving the Sectoid in one motion. An ADVENT soldier approached from behind and before Kris could react, a bullet was hole appeared in the helmet and it falls. "The van," Kris yells out to his brother who nods.

Chailux lowers his gun and orders his Gremlin towards the van. "Attempting hack," he announces as he pull out his tablet, "cover me." Bradford and several other Grenadiers surround him, "I just need a couple of minutes."

"We don't have that kind of time," Bradford yells over his shoulder. Several UFO's fly overhead in the direction of the Skyranger, "Firebrand. We've got boogies inbound. Fire up the Skyranger."

"I see them," Firebrand reports back and the Skyranger appears over the horizon, "I'm circling. Be ready to Evac on my arrival."

"Incoming! 12 o'clock," a XCOM operative yells and they see a dropship drop ADVENT soldiers, MECs, and Vipers.

"Got it," Chailux yells and the Gremlin returns to his side, "head to the Evac point. Now!"

Kris goes over the the truck and pulls the doors open. His mother sat at the far back and motions her to follow. "I've got her," Kris yells as they run not too far from the others, "all units head back to base!" Kris's people starts to run into back alleys and such, avoiding the roaming ADVENT patrols.

A Viper hisses and grabs their mother by the leg. A hand grabs hers and she looks up to see Chailux. Tears start to form in her eyes. "A little help," he yells and Kris slices the tongue off, "let's move." They run through the street and up a building to the roof. "Firebrand. How much longer?"

"Heads up guys," she said and spotlights shine down on them, "interceptors are hot on my tail so make it quick." Ropes descend and they ascend in groups of three. Once everyone was onboard, the Skyranger flys off towards the Avenger.