Chapter 10-Codex

Three days later and they return to East Aisa. Bradford and Chailux take the Skyranger to the resistance base where they were met with Kris. "This way," he said and escorted them across the base, "we managed to subdue one as requested."

They reached a makeshift prison with two guards standing outside. "Good," Chailux said as he activated the Skulljack, "this shouldn't take too long." They let him into the cell and lock it after he enters.

In the far corner was an ADVENT clone, looking back with a smile. "I ain't giving you bastard anything," he spits at Chailux's feet with a chuckle, "you'd just have to kill me."

The Skulljack blade extended from his arm and a smile formed across his face, "that's the idea." He swing straight up into the clone's jaw and data starts transferring into the Skulljack. The blade retracts and the clone limps to the ground.

Outside, Bradford hears chitters and pulls out a pistol. The guards and Kris raise their weapons and wait for Bradford. A Codex appears and they fire at it, missing as it teleports across. "We've got company," Bradford yells as he continues to fire at the multiplying Codex's. "Kris, get your people to safety!"

Chailux rushes back out to see the commotion and pulls his pistol, firing at the Codex's with Bradford. "Where did they come from," he asked as he reloads his pistol.

"I guess hacking the network directly has its consequences," Bradford answers and a Codex creates a purple cloud around them. Bradford tries to fire but nothing came out. "It's jammed," he yells and Chailux had the same issue.

They started to warm up and they threw them to the ground before jumping out of the mist. Their pistols explode shortly after and now they are pinned down without a gun. "Looks like we've got to do this the old fashioned way," Chailux said as he pulls out his knife. Bradford does the same and they both give each other a nod of understanding, "see you on the other side." They jump out of cover screaming and rush the Codex's, dodging their fire as much as possible.

After many twist, turns, slashes, and stabs, the Codex's were gone. Kris returns to see his brother and Bradford leaning against some wall and kicking around Codex heads. "That was close," Kris exclaimed as he approached the pair, "they appeared to be only interested in you two more than anyone here."

"Wouldn't be the first," Bradford stands and helps the Commander up, "I hope the information in that thing was worth all this. If not," he picks up a Codex head and examines it, "I think Tygan and Shen can shed some light on these things."