Chapter 20-King of Snakes

The three are forced deeper into the cave and jump down a ledge and ready for a fight. The Vipers just look down at them and hiss at them, not coming down. They soon leave and the three look at each other in a confused daze. A beeping comes from the Commander and he pulls out his tablet. "Reading a faint signature just ahead," he reports and the three cautiously look around the corner. The remains of someone was covered in ice just ahead, "is that..."

"It's can't be," Bradford said and they got even closer. Before they even could reach it, something grabs BigSky by the leg and he is dragged away. Chailux and Bradford turn to fight and see something that makes them
freeze up.

"You're different to the last ones," the Viper King hissed as it lights a torch nearby, "you managed to get further in than most humans have."

"This must be the Gamma Vahlen was talking about," Bradford concludes then they hear hisses coming out of the walls. More Vipers emerged and surrounded them, "what do you want?"

"Not much," the Viper King said with a grim smile, "I just want you all dead." A gun is fired and the King Viper let's go of BigSky. The three look to the ledge to see a figure pull back the bolt of their rifle before firing again. The Vipers swarm them while the King escapes deeper into the cave.

Most of the Viper's were taken care of while the others flee. Bradford goes up to the frozen skeleton and looks it over. "It's," he hesitated for a moment then draws a deep breath, "not her." He stands back up and turns to the mysterious figure. On closer inspection they wore reptilian armour combined with a tactical mask and good to cover their face.

"We could use someone like you in XCOM," Chailux said and the figure looks away, "help us take back the Earth from these invaders

"We could use someone like you in XCOM," Chailux said and the figure looks away, "help us take back the Earth from these invaders." The figure shakes their head then grapples up and out of the cave.