Chapter 2-New Faces

If you want the Character Pool please message your email to me.

Chailux walks through corridors as people whisper and smile at the sight of him. A lot of people have heard stories about the Commander but everyone started to question if they were just stories.

It's been 20 years since the aliens took over Earth. Some say it's a good thing. Gene Clinics across the globe open up offering cures to every disease known to man. These people, however, do not know the truth of what really happens behind closed doors.

He walks into a large room containing research equipment and the ship's generator. "Incredible," a man in a lab uniform was standing in front of it, "clean, powerful energy yet harmless to human life," he turns his attention to Chailux, "if only the same could be said about all of their technology," he clears his throat and extends a hand, "Doctor Richard Tygan. I'm the one that performed the surgery to remove your implant."

Tygan takes him over to a cylindrical container with a chip floating in the centre. "Very much appreciate it," Chailux said and examined it further, "any idea what it does?"

Tygan shakes his head and walks over to the bank of computer screens behind him. "Had I have access to the equipment during my time with ADVENT, I could tell you the precise nature of it," a screen with multiple strings of data move pass an image of the chip, "with time, we will know."

Chailux nods and says his goodbyes before heading out. He headed for engineering and was surprised as a small drone flys right pass him. "Commander," a girl said, just as surprised as him, "it's harder to get our tech to talk to there's," she straightens up with a smile, "Lily Shen, Chief Engineer."

Chailux gives a chuckle and a smile. "Lily Shen," he asked as he walks around her workshop, "forgive me but, when John said Shen, I was expecting your father."

Lily's face saddened at this. "Central didn't tell you," she looks back to him, "he's... gone." The news hit Chailux hard and he uses the workbench to support himself. "But this place is his life's work," she gestures at screens, surveying room, "I'm sure he would have loved to give you the tour."

Chailux looks up to see Lily sadden again and he went over and puts a hand on her shoulder. "I'm sure he would be proud to see you on the right side," both give a smile then Lily remembers something.

"Dad wanted to give you this," she rummages through crates until she finds a small box. Inside were a pair of glasses with one of the lenses broken. Chailux gives a chuckle and puts them back in the box. "It may not look like it," Lily continues as the drone returns to her side, "but from here, I can fabricate anything you wish. With the proper resources of course."

Chailux then takes his leave and makes his way to the control room where he was greeted with alarms. "Hold it," Bradford yells and speaks a command, shutting the alarms down, "I wanted that to be more ceremonious but now we don't have that kind of time." A screen behind him lights up, "resistance members intercepted a convoy carrying a power converter. Shen wants us to retrieve it and get this thing fully operational."

Chailux looks around to see people working on a glitching hologlobe and others working on consoles. "Then let's do this," Chailux said and Bradford has a smile."

"I knew you would say that," Bradford chuckles and they both head towards the armoury to meet up with the team, "and I think you will like the team I've assembled for you."