Chapter 14-Angel

In a completely different facility in the snow, scientist converse with one another over a cup of coffee. "How has the subject been doing," the first one asked and his colleague gave a small laugh.

"See for yourself," he presses a few buttons and a camera feed of a cell appears on screen. A woman with raven black hair sat cross legged in the centre, staring at the camera. They switch feed and she instantly turns to that camera. "You would think after 15 year we would be use to that kind of thing."

"Sure as hell ain't," the first one said as he takes a sip from his #1 ADVENT mug, "did you hear? The resistance attacked another facility. That's the third one in two months."

His colleague laughs again as he switches off the monitor and turns around. "I wouldn't worry too much about here though," he stand and pats him on the back, "this place is highly classified. No resistance member is ever going to find this place."

"Are you sure about that," a third, feminine voice asked then both scientist were stabbed in the back. A young girl in faded yellow and silver went over to the console and started typing. "I'm in. Secure an exit for Angel and myself."

"Copy that Nova," Bradford said from atop a small cliff, "Exalt, Irons, eyes open for ADVENT forces." Bradford looks down a pair of binoculars to where the young girl was and saw two ADVENT troopers on the floor above. "Nova, I count two hostile on the floor above."

"I see them," she said as she quickly set switches through the camera feeds, "come on where are you," the monitor shows the interior of the cell and she smiles. She starts to quickly type and Bradford kept giving her warnings.

The door to the cell opens and the woman inside stands only for chains to keep her in place. A ADVENT Officer walks pass and notices the open cell. Her eyes flashed purple for a second and the Officer drops his weapon and walks in. He then frees her then sits in the cell. The woman walks out casually and picks up the weapon, examining it a couple of times before loading it.

An explosion goes off on the far side of the facility and alarms start going off. The woman runs through the facility, hiding from as many ADVENT force along the way. The young girl grabs and pulls her aside. "Eliza," the woman questioned but the girl shushes her, "don't shush your mother little miss!"

A Viper hears this and stops in her tracks. She turns and hisses at where they were and slowly stated to makes her way over. A shot echoed through the air and she fell to the ground. "Can we please leave the reunion until after we've evacuated," Bradford asked and the girls continues to move through the facility.

Everyone files into the Skyranger and it takes off. The facility exploded seconds later along with any surviving ADVENT forces stationed. An update on the people in the Skyranger:

Rose 'Angel' Sangthonglang
Psionically gifted and mother of two. Married to Chailux Sangthonglang. Surviving member of the original Strike One.

John 'Central' Bradford
Temporary Commander of XCOM until the rightful Commander is rescued (again).

Eliza 'Nova' Sangthonglang
Daughter of Chailux and Rose. Raised by Bradford for most of her life.

Jeremy 'Irons' Pendulum
Replacement sniper of Menace 1-5.

Kendrick 'Exalt' Condor
Former EXALT operative.

FireBrand
Pilot of the Skyranger