Chapter 4-Avatar Project

The ride back to HQ was quiet. The Skyranger touches down in the hanger and Shen, along with some other, wheeled the power converter to engineering. Chailux heads to his quarters and Bradford sighs before following him.

Chailux sits on the edge of the bed and glances at the picture again. Bradford enters and he clears his throat. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier," Bradford apologised and look to his feet, "I couldn't believe it quite myself." Bradford took a deep breath and pull out a chair for him to sit in, "it was several year after the fall. Nexus, Exalt, and myself were investigating a tip we got about ADVENT. We entered the facility undetected and what we found was disturbing." Bradford stands and starts to pace, "hundreds of pod containing copies of you," he points to Chailux and shakes his head, "you can imagine what we thought after that."

Chailux was in shock from this and lay back on the bed. "How do you know," he slowly said as he examines his hand, "that I'm not just another clone?"

"I told him," Chailux sits up and looks at monitor with the silhouette of a man, "hello Commander. It is good to see you again. But I am here for a different reason. The council you once knew is no more. They have aligned themselves with the ADVENT Administration. With one exception. I have been assisting the resistance from the inside." The monitor flickers to the room where ADVENT had the Commander. "Since your capture, the ADVENT Administration have worked on something known as the Avatar project." Several files were transferred to the computer. "The purpose of this is highly classified but there are multiple Black Sites across the globe," the monitor returns to the silhouette, "contact the resistance cells and put a stop to the Avatar project. The clock is ticking."

The monitor returns to normal and Chailux starts to skim through the sent files along with others. "John," he calls out and Bradford goes to his side, "this has more than just files on the Avatar project," a blurred images starts to clear of an old woman, "they have my mother."

Bradford gives a nod then taps his earpiece. "Shen, is everything set," he asked and Lily responded with a yes, "good. Set a course for East Asia."

"Sir," a XCOM personnel said somewhat concerned, "the Skyranger doesn't have the flight capability to reach that destination."

"Who said anything about the Skyranger," Bradford responded and turned back to the Commander, "I would hold onto something if I were you." The base started to shake as Chailux tires to find his footing. He looks out a window to see the ground starting to fall. "Welcome to the Avenger," Bradford said all so dramatically, "our mobile base."

"It's a ship," Chailux marvelled then the Avenger stabilises, "alright then," he walks up to Bradford with a wide smile, "let's go save my mother."

As Chailux starts to leave, Bradford stops him by grabbing his shoulder. "There are multiple resistance cells in the world," he reminds and Chailux turns to him, "we may need some assistance if we are going to pull this off."

That scene was way too long for me to write so I shortened it. That and I couldn't remember half of what he said.