Chapter 21-Dark Commander

"We're calling him the Viper Prince," Bradford said as he and Chailux debriefed the rest of their team aboard the Avenger, "as for the rest of the data well, I'll let the Commander explain."

Chailux gives a nod and waits for Bradford to take a seat at the table. "So far we know Vahlen somehow created what we are calling 'Rulers'," the screen behind him lights up with three images, "the Viper King got away but I'm not too worried. The Berserker Queen seems the most terrifying. And we don't have any information on the third one."

"So what," Eliza asked as she kicks her feet off the table, "are we some sort of Alien Hunter squad now?"

"Isn't that what we already are," Bradford asked as he stands and walks back over to the Commander, "regardless of what this means, our main focus should be on stopping ADVENT. We'll take care of these 'Rulers' along the way."

In an ADVENT facility in New Province, the Speaker enters a waiting room with Viper guards to meet with Damian. The Speaker places a briefcase on the table and Damian stands. "Your father grows stronger every passing day," the Speaker said with a little hiss, "the Elders are worried."

"I was entrusted with the leadership of ADVENT," Damian states quickly as he crosses his arms, "and the Commander is no father of mine. Not anymore. I will capture him and his Elder."

"Not without help," the Speaker opens the briefcase and pulls a pulsating red vial, "you know what this is?" Damian shakes his head and the Speaker smiles, "this is an Elder. What is left of one that is. Become one with it and gain the power you desperately want."

The Speaker places the vial down and Damian starts at it for a while. He slowly picks it up then pops the cap off. A red mist quickly flows out and gathers at his feet, rising quickly over his body. It felt as if he was on fire but at the same time frozen as the mist suffocates him. He falls to his knees, gasping for air then is pulled from reality.

"Rise," a voice calls and a red Ethereal appear in front of him, "you and I are one. My pain is your pain. My thoughts are your thoughts. Tell me your name."

"Damian," he clearly said, regaining his footing and standing proud, "Superior Officer of ADVENT."

The red Ethereal circles him, examining it's host. "I am Gorva," the Ethereal said proudly, floating in front of him, "and we are one." Gorva flys into Damian and he is taken back to reality gasping again for air.

The Speaker watches with anticipation as Damian stands. "We are one," a combination of Damian and Gorva's voice echoes, "together we are strong," he eyes flashes deep red for a second, "we are the Dark Commander."