Chapter 34 Part 2-Landing

Chailux pushes himself up from a crater in the ground to see the Archon hover down with arms crossed. "You still refuse to die I see," the Archon taunts. Chailux tried to move but the power armour was locking up. "Your resilience is marvellous to say the least. You must be this Commander Mother talks so fondly about. I imagined you to be taller."

"And I imagined you talked less," Chailux shouts back and the Archon laughs, "so what now? Are you just going to finish the job?"

"Unlike my deceased siblings," the Archon hovers down to be eye level with another laugh, "I enjoy when my prey squirm." A hiss of steam erupts from the power armour and the Archon is surprised, floating back with a cough. Chailux appears without the power armour on and lashes at the Archon with his knife. He hits its stabiliser and the Archon goes flying crazily across the place.

Once the Archon had regained control, it looked around, trying to find Chailux. Gun shots come for all sides and the Archon tries to deflect as much as possible. It soon get angry and sends a barrage of rockets everywhere. Once the dust settles, the Archon turns to see Chailux on the ground unmoving. It hovers over and picks him up, eyeing his face.

Another gun shot rings out and the Archon looks down to see a hole in its chest. The person it had in its grasp started to fade and vanish and it turns around to see the real Chailux standing with the prototype plasma pistol in his hand. "Clever," the Archon said before its thrusters sputter and it falls to the ground in a heaping mess. Chailux slumps up against a tree, tossing the burnt out pistol aside.

"Avenger," Chailux radios as he stands and stretches, "I could really use a pick up at my coordinates." He walks over to the corpse and quickly looks it over. The thrusters seemed to be relatively intact and he decides to rip them off. He looks over his shoulder at the sound of rustling amongst the trees. "Hello," he calls to which is only hear by silence.

A second later and three blades come flying at him, narrowly missing. He looks back to see a figure drop from the trees covered in Chinese lettering and pulling out a couple more blades. The figure tosses them as Chailux breaks a piece of the Archon's armour, using it as a shield.

Chailux tosses the piece like a disk and it stops in mid-air still spinning. Another figure off to the side, more lean than the other, flicks their wrist and the armour goes flying back towards Chailux, smacking him to the ground. As he pushes himself up, another figure, dresses in red and carrying a sword powered by energy was in the air, threatening to come down on him.

Chailux rolls out of the way to find himself surrounded at this point, unarmed and outnumbered. "Another stray clone," the one with the sword said as he sheaths his blade, "must of gotten smart and change out of his armour."

"I'm not a clone," Chailux announces, "I am Commander Chailux Sangthonglang. Leader of the XCOM Initiative."

"We've heard those same words a hundred times," the Chinese one said with a thick accent, "what makes you think we will believe you this time?"

Spotlights shine down on them and ropes fall from the sky. All around them, XCOM operatives land and hold weapons out to the trio. "Does that answer you question," Chailux rises and one of them hands him a spare gun, "now why don't you tell me who the hell you three are?"

If you are wondering, yes I've played the the Long War 2 Mod. I'm planning to end this story soon and start a sequel using LW2.