Chapter 4

-Kate's POV-

* A few minutes earlier *

"Liam, how much firewood do we need?" I say with aching feet and sore limbs.

"As much as we can get" He says still searching for sticks and bark.

I groaned at the pain coming from beneath my feet.

"It's getting dark we should probably head ba-"

suddenly I felt my shoes slipping out of place from the underneath  and before I knew it I was falling face first into mud.

Liam looked up startled by the thud and slight splash I had made falling into the  mud.

"Kate!" He yelled before dropping the fire wood he carried in his arms and running over to help me.

As soon as he had seen what I had done his worried expression changed into a fi of laughter.

"How the hell did you manage that ya goose?"

"Shut up" I say slightly pissed off.

 He held out his hand as I cautiously attempted to stand up. Liam was pulling me over to where the dry dirt met the mud.

 I suddenly felt myself once again loosing control of my balance. Again I fell back into the mud, this time pulling Liam in with me.

Both of us where now dirty and covered in mud, Liam did nothing but look up at me and laugh. We then both fumbled up out of the mud and onto dry soil.

I was scraping as much mud of my clothes as possible before hearing a loud shreik coming from the campsite.

 We both froze before grabbing the fire wood and sprinting back to the camp site.

*****

We both ran into the clearing of our campsite out of breath to find Louis on the ground outside of his tent.

 "What happened?" I shouted still panting

 "There's a fucking snake in my sleeping bag!" Louis shouted pointing into is tent in shock.

"What kind?" Harry asked

"Well I didn't bloody stop and ask" Louis said annoyed.

"Yeah right Lou, it's probally just a crease in your sleeping bag" Zayn says probably thinking it was another of Louis' idiotic pranks.

"Oh yea? Find out for yourslef!" Louis snarls.

"Fine." Zayn steps into Louis' tent and drags out the sleeping bag.

"Zayn be careful" Harry warns.

"Mate theres not going to be anything in there" 

Just as Zayn was poking the sleeping bag, the outline of a snake slithering through the sleeping bag causing us all to jump back.

"It could just be a small animal" Zayn says still refusing to  beleive it was a snake.

Zayn lifts up the bag, and out came the snake. He yells  falling bakcwards away from it.

Liam and Harry both run back and jump on top of the car both yelling at Louis, Niall and I to get away from it.

Louis jumps on the nearby eski.

I slowly back away not realising that the log, the boys had carried around the camp fire earlier was behind me and  fall backwards.

My sudden movement that I was trying to prevent just moments ago had caused the snake to notice my position.

My heart raced in fear as I frantically moved back away as fast as I could. The snake soon slid its self up onto the log in front of me and I froze squinting my eyes together.

Niall ran up behind the snake and threw large rock down on it that he had picked up nearby.

 I open my eyes, expecting to find the snake still in front of me, but instead I find an out of breathe Niall with a woried and grave look on his face.

He looks at me as he reaches out his hand. I grab onto his hand and he pulls me up from my feet .

I throw my arms around his neck as he pulls me into him. My heart still hadn't stoped racing from the fear that was running through my veins. If Niall hadn't of done that I would've been bitten and gone into shock.

"Thank you so much Niall" I say with my  face burried into his shoulder. I could feel myself still shaking.

"It's ok" He says sounding releived.

He releases from the hug. "Uhm Kate, why arr your clothes covered in mud?" He says also noticing how Liam was also covered in mud.

"Oh, I fell in a puddle" I blushed.

He laughs at my clusiness. His lips are only inches from mine and I couldn't stop from noticing how his eyes were frantically darting from my eyes to my lips. He smiles.

"Good job Niall" Harry says.

"Nice work lad!" Liam yelled jumping down from the car.

"Told ya I was right" Louis says glarring at Zayn before  playfully sticking his tongue out at him.

A/N: Hiiii, I hoped you all liked this chapter, I'll be updating ASAP so 

leave any comments/suggestions you have in the comments below  

and tell me what you think! Thank you xx