Chapter Twenty

"Do you guys know why you were the only third year cadets to be assigned to a star ship and also be promoted?" Mia asked. Placing her tray on the table.

"I have no idea why, all we know is that it is a mission and we will be boarding the enterprise tomorrow." Jim said stuffing his face full of food. He slopped it down his shirt.

"This is the only uniform you have until be replicate a new one!" I said wiping the food off of his uniform.

"You two are such a cute couple!" Cassidy wined. Clasping her hands below he chin.

"Why are you pregnant?" My father said braking the good mood we all were in.

"What do you mean?" I snapped activated at his question.

"I mean why now. You are not even married." He said wiping his hands.

"You will address me as Lieutenant. Now to you question. Don't act like you have a say in my life. You stopped having a say when you stopped being my father. You were to busy to talk to me after my twelfth birthday. I pretty much had to survive on my own. So sorry if I am not what you wanted. If you wanted me to be a certain way then you would have taught me. Now you need to understand. I am an adult not your little girl anymore. I deserve respect and you will give it to me or you are out of my life." I snapped at him pushing my chair back and walking away. I went and stood by the window. I looked down to all of the people with normal lives. Going to work. Not knowing what is going on behind these walls. I felt an arm wrap around my waist.

"What are you looking at?" Jim asked placing his head in the crook of my neck.

"I am looking down to all of the innocent people going about their everyday lives. Not knowing what is behind these walls. Sometimes I wish I could just put up walls. Block my emotions from snapping at anything that is directed my way. I am tired of people always treating me like garbage. I don't want my parents here. I just want to cut them out of my life. They yell at me when I don't end up the way they wanted me to." I sad with tears welling up in my eyes.

"Don't put up walls, but put distance between you and them. Right now you have the power." He said.

"I am going to send them home. They don't deserve to be here." I said grabbing Jims hand and walking back to the table.

"Transporter chief." I said giving him the correct coordinates. I looked to mother and father. "Engage." I said. Then they were gone. I wasn't going to see them ever again. It felt pretty good.

"Lieutenant Gilbo, will you and commander Spock report to the transporter room. Be fast!" Said a man I have not met yet.

"Yes. We are on our way." I said. Spock was at the trash can so I ran to him.

"Commander we have to get to the transporter room and fast." I said. He placed his tray on the trash can. We started to run. Everyone was looking at us.

"Move out of the way!" Spock yelled then he looked to me. "Why?" He asked.

"I have no idea. I was just told you and I need to get to the transporter room and fast!" I said. We ran for five minutes then turned into the transporter room.

"On the pad." The transporter chief said. "You are gonna be put on a shuttle to the enterprise." He said. Then he engaged the transporter. It is funny the fact that to beam out of earths atmosphere you have to be in the transporter room. Spock and I landed in the middle of a bunch of cadets. They were acting like a bunch of children on a school bus. When they saw Spock and I in our uniforms they calmed down. We sat in the front facing them.

"Commander. Why are the cadets on here?" I asked.

"I have no idea." He said. I stood up. "What are you doing?" He asked.