Chapter Seven: Lost Memories Revealed

The images, they kind of seem familiar to me. I point out different things from the orb and I thought, did I experience this before?

"Now, it's time for me to explain," Sandra said. "When you were nine and a half, we told you that you were born in Detroit, Michigan. Actually, you were born in Aspen, Colorado, just like Brandon. The first ten years of your life, we all lived in happiness, until something very bad happened.

"Werewolves invaded the town, looking for prey. Specifically, the prey they were looking for were people who had aerokinesis and cryokinesis—people who can manipulate air or ice. You see, Aspen was inhabited by many people who had these abilities. Few of them, including us, were able to escape into Omaha, Nebraska. The rest were eaten by those wolves, making them stronger. They never followed the guardians' rules and make their own. And they still do now.

"A few days later, George—your dad—Brandon, and I decided to move to Michigan, away from those wolves who would hunt in the mountains. I believed that in the city, we were safe. I also decided to wipe away your memories of the attack in the process. I did not want you depressed for a few more years."

"Who wiped my memory? I'm sure it wasn't you who did it." I asked.

"Elias's uncle specializes in memory. In other words, he has mnemokinesis, which means, he can manipulate memories. Elias's family moved in at this time, so he knows you well as soon as you guys met." she replied.

"Then how come I don't remember you guys coming in and straightforwardly asking my uncle to wipe out her memories of the attack?" Elias asked, amazed.

"He also altered your memories of us, and planting in the knowledge that you first saw us come into your house for lunch, as soon as we moved into the neighborhood," she explained. "Look into the orb again Kayla."

I looked inside again, and it showed images of me meeting Carter and Elias for the first time, in sixth grade. I also saw myself confronting Chelsea, for the first time, when she was crazy with hair extensions and make-up. I'm sure she was a 'wanna­be' at that time. Was Sandra observing me all this time?

"I was always watching you, making sure your abilities were sealed and you didn't do anything crazy. That also came with the memory alteration, the sealing of kinetic abilities. I also have to let you know that we sent you to Elias's uncle again to wipe out your memories of Brandon. He may be wise but he was also impulsive at that time. We also decided to send him to college early. He said that he did not want to risk telling you about the attack that happened in Aspen. If Brandon told you, again you'll probably be depressed about it and would want to move back there." she continued.

Oh yeah, I'll surely do that... I thought.

"And I guess that's what you need to know for now. The rest, they will come as you continue the quest to save the Ice Realm." Sandra finished.

* * *

It was almost 11 o'clock here in Los Angeles, which makes it 2:00 am the next day in Detroit. All of us got to know Brandon, and I actually now regard him as my older brother as soon as he started explaining about what he usually does in the university as a prefect.

"...Seriously, all I do almost the whole day is paperwork. I usually play water polo with the younger students whenever I have free time." Brandon spoke.

"That's... pretty boring..." I commented.

"Kayla, at least I have something to do." he stated.

"Meh." I shrugged.

"Anyways, y'all better go to sleep. If you don't, who knows what will happen at school. Oh, and Kayla?" he said.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Come back here during the weekends. I'll teach you how to control and use your powers alright? And you don't have to sneak into my dorm. I'll have the school issue a visitor's pass for you so all the students staying over won't be suspicious of a stranger in the prefect's room." he suggested. "I'll make sure there are cheeseburgers too."

"Yes! I'll come!" I enthusiastically said.

"I hope you're not just here for the burgers. Anyways, nice meeting you Carter, Elias, and I'll see you again Sandra!" he called out to the others.

"Nice meeting you Brad!" Carter and Elias chorused.

"See you soon!" Sandra and I hugged him and waved.

Then we left the university and we were back in the living room.

* * *

"Can we have a sleepover? I'm sure it's well too late to walk back to our houses." Elias asked.

"Yes, y'all can sleep in the spare room across from Kayla's," Sandra replied. "Your extra clothes are still in the closet in there since the last time you stayed over."

"Thank you, uh, Sandra," Carter said. It looked like that Carter is still not used to calling her Sandra too...

"Good night everyone." I waved to Sandra and the rest before I went into my room. Tomorrow is going to be a long day since we have to convince Chelsea that the trip to the realms wouldn't take long.

* * *

Character Card by: Me