Chapter Twenty-Six: Birthday Gifts

December 9th, Kayla's house

"I heard all of you were successful in completing the mission, as well as saving the guests in a fairy-hosted ball! You've achieved a lot for your first quest." Sandra greeted.

Well, it was a few days after the ball and there wasn't much to do after the ball except completing the rest of the preservation. Of course, we did and we saw Amaya around the realm's shopping mall occasionally. I still feel some jealousy over her, and I'm trying my hardest to get Elias to stay with me. I really hope she is not moving to our school, especially with the new semester coming up.

"Well, it's only the beginning," Carter said.

"And I cannot wait for the Christmas ball! It's going to be so much fun, and I'm certainly inviting Carter to be my date." Chelsea cheered.

"Man, party overload..." I rolled my eyes.

"Anyways, I better get back to prefect duties. I hope y'all have a good rest of the time! FYI: Have a nice birthday Kayla!" Brandon waved and walked back into the portal to go back to L.A.

"Wait, today is my birthday?" I said, amazed.

"Kayla, you totally forgot?" Elias was shocked.

"Yes, I did! I completely didn't know it was my birthday! Oh my goodness..." I exclaimed.

"Luckily, we went to the shopping mall during the last days in the realm and we got these, even Brandon got his gift to you too," Carter said. "Gifts!"

He chanted and four different colored boxes appeared out of thin air.

"Everyone, get your gifts. I'll give Brandon's," he instructed the others, and they grabbed their boxes.

"My gift is inside, I'll get it," Sandra said before running into the house. She came back a few seconds later with another box.

"So, the choice is yours. Which do you want to open first?" Elias asked.

I looked at all their gifts. Seriously, all of them were carefully wrapped. I pointed to Chelsea's.

"Well, it's not often that I get gifts from her. At least we're friends now." I said.

"Alright then, here you go." Chelsea handed her box to me.

I opened Chelsea's orange and red gift and I saw something I wouldn't expect...

"Chamomile tea bags? And a jar of honey? Weird but nice! I never thought I would receive these kinds of things." I smiled. "Thanks, Chelsea!"

"It's no problem at all!" she smiled back at me, a genuine smile to be exact. "And I wish I could be here long enough to finish my sophomore year but, my dad remarried someone else in my hometown. I'll still keep in touch with you guys!"

"Good to hear, I'll probably try and take stalking lessons from Elias and stalk you." Carter teased.

"Don't you dare Carter..." she crossed her arms, still smiling.

"Speaking of which, do you want to open mine now?" he asked.

"Alright!" I enthusiastically replied.

Carter handed me a gift with similar colors to Chelsea's and I ripped it open. I saw a sky blue hair clip in a shape of a crystal. It sparkled in the sun.

"I'm certainly wearing this! For some reason, it feels like this represents my kinetic energy." I said.

"I'll probably say the same thing if I had a fancy belt or something." he said.