Chapter Twelve: "Settling" Into Our Hideout

The ice phoenix greeted us with a supreme atmosphere. It felt real good so far.

"Thank you," I said, bowing.

"So now that all of you are here, I'll discuss what you all need to do. Every corner of the realm is melting, and occasional snowstorms have turned into rainfall. All of this means that the Ice Realm is falling. If everything melts before the quest is completed, we don't know what's going to happen but I'm sure it'll be bad." the phoenix explained.

"I know this is easier said than done but you have to find a way to stop this place from melting. And be careful, though, werewolves and some other creatures want to stop you. They don't know the consequences of the Ice Realm melting but they don't want you all to mess with the land. That will be all. Are you all ready?"

"We're ready," we said at the same time.

"Good. If you need rest, we made you a hideout for you all to stay at. You all have ten days to complete the quest. The last day to complete is December 9th. Good luck." then the phoenix disappeared, again in a firework of lights.

"Alright... let's check out the hideout," I said.

* * *

"There is a foyer, a kitchen with an island and bar stools, a living room, three bedrooms,two bathrooms, a backyard, a basement with stuff in it, and a jacuzzi. Terrific." Chelsea said as she surveyed the hut.

"So how are we going to assign rooms for all of us?" Brandon asked.

"Good question, Brandon you're sleeping with me while the three of you in the other room," Chelsea replied with a smirk.

Come on, I was going to ask Brandon if he could sleep with me. You know, I'm her sister so... I thought.

"No, can we just have Brandon and Kayla sleep together, then Carter and I'll sleep together, and you'll be in the third room? This way, we'll have all the rooms occupied." Elias suggested.

"Elias please, just use my suggestion. I need to get to know everyone." Chelsea countered.

"Well, my brother doesn't go to the same school as you," I stated.

"How about this? I'll sleep with Chelsea. Carter and the rest of the guys can decide who will sleep with Kayla and who will sleep alone. Is that fine?" Brandon suggested.

"Alright fine," Chelsea said, defeated.

"I think the first night would be awkward..." Carter commented.

"I agree," I said.

And so, we got settled. Chelsea and Brandon had one room, and... well, Elias and Carter are still deciding who should room with me, by playing Rock, Paper, Scissors. For some reason, they're taking forever...

"Paper!" Both of them said at the same time.

"Seriously, how do you know what I'm going to put out?" Carter asked.

"Coincidence maybe..." Elias replied. "Rock!"

"Paper!" Carter said.

"You win." Elias shrugged. "I guess I'll sleep with Kayla then."

How long will I last with a mind-reader rooming with me? I rolled my eyes.

"Have fun," Carter said as he walked over to one of the other rooms.

"Well, let's get settled," Elias said.

And, like what Carter said, the first night would be awkward. I thought.