Chapter Eleven: "It's time"

All of us breezed through our Thursday classes. I also heard that all of our parents excused us from school for the next few days, up to December 8th. We needed the excuse so we could complete our quest to save the Ice Realm from melting. I also had a text message from Sandra saying, "It's time, meet me at the backyard at our house."

I let Carter, Elias, and Chelsea know that we're going to open the portal at my house. Poor Elias and Carter have to run again while Chelsea and I ride our bikes there.

We all arrived at my backyard within five minutes and we immediately saw Sandra standing on a patch of grass.

"Brandon is coming in a minute. He had the school council assign someone else to be prefect while he's gone for the quest. For now, let us prepare." Sandra said.

"What should we do first?" Carter asked.

"Elias, use your kinetic abilities to make a puddle that would look like that it won't dry up during rare occasions of sunny days. Chelsea and Carter, make a protection barrier that will help make it resistant to heat. When those things are done, Brandon would be here by then." she directed.

"Yes ma'am." they chorused.

Soon, they were at work. With a swish of Elias's hand, a puddle appeared. Then Chelsea and Carter together made an orb that contains heat and shaped it into a barrier. They placed the barrier over Elias's puddle and the preparations are done. After that, Brandon came out of the back door.

"What did I miss?" he asked.

"We just finished preparations. Now it's your turn to activate the portal." Sandra replied.

"Alright then. Kayla, are you ready?" Brandon turned to me.

"I'm ready," I said, proudly.

"Do you know the incantation? Because if we want to go to the Ice Realm, the one with cryokinesis has to say it," he asked.

"I remember, here goes..." I outstretched my arm toward the puddle. Brandon did the same. Again, here goes...

"I, Kayla Mae Williams, Wielder of Ice, summon thine portal towards the Ice Realm!" I chanted. Kinetic energy flowed through my veins and a sky-­blue beam of light appeared from my hand and went towards the puddle. Brandon's airy white beam did the same, and together, an ellipse formed in front of us.

The ellipse did all sorts of things: it glowed, it swirled, and a lot more. We were awed by it. I think it's everyone's first time to see a portal form. Sandra wasn't surprised, and I think she has seen a portal form before.

"Good luck everyone, I hope all of you succeed," Sandra said.

"Alright, let's jump in! I want to experience that ice water that all of you were talking about!" Chelsea said, then she jumped into the portal.

"Hey, wait!" Carter exclaimed, then followed her through the portal.

Elias paused and said, "I don't think they recognize that it's going to be cold in there." and used his abilities to get himself a warm parka, then he jumped in.

"Ah yeah, that's true," Brandon said, agreeing with Elias. "See you at the other end, Kayla!"

He also used his abilities to get a parka before he jumped in. After a few seconds, I jumped in. I didn't need a coat for the Ice Realm. I'll just be immune to the cold.

* * *

The tunnel inside the portal looks the same as when we traveled to Brandon's dorm, but instead, the tunnel is in all tints of blue to represent the passage to the Ice Realm. In no time, we arrived.

Everyone except Chelsea was able to land feet-­first. She fell face-first into the ice, unfortunately...

"This place is cold!" she shivered, her complaints muffled by the snow.

Carter glanced over at us, and he made a look that he realized he forgot to wear a coat or a parka.

"Gosh, I was too excited that I forgot to get a parka!" and as he said that, he got himself a parka using his abilities. I had to help Chelsea up and summon a parka for her since she was too frozen to do anything. I think in the Fire Realm, the ice people are at a disadvantage, sweating like crazy. It's the other way around here, with the fire people freezing like crazy.

"Okay, everyone warm?" I asked.

"Yeah," Elias replied.

"Okay good, because you are all going to start your quest now." a familiar voice said.

We all turned around in surprise and saw the ice phoenix.

"Welcome to the Ice Realm everyone."

* * *

Blend by: NachtGraves